Chapter 13

"We fought as hard as we could but they weren't interested in us , only Raine" she says, still spaced out.

"I see. We seem to have a competent plant covern member , but if the vines were only going for Raine then the user must of been close by to control where the vines were going precisely" Darius is now pacing left to right pricing the facts together while you are crouched down trying to find any evidence that could lead to Raines whereabouts.
You decide to leave the tavern to get some air and think,when suddenly you step on something. A shaggy gross looking scarf? Only one thing would dare wear that despicable piece of cloth that can hardly be classified as fashion....Snapdragon.

After this epiphany,you race back to Darius who is still interrogating the other bard covern members.

'SIR' you said attempting to garner his attention.

'What have I told you (N/Y) you don't have to call me si-'I know that scarf.'he admits, a feeling if foreboding and a sense of doom leaving his lips.

'Right' he says 'well done (Y/N), you're brilliant you know that?'he embraces you as a thank you, his shoulders un-tensing.

Before you even had the opportunity to feel embarrassed or nervous he breaks the hug and immediately begins gathering troops to get ready for a full frontal assault on the snapdragon estate. Darius begins to speak.

'The attack will be focused on aerial attacks as to not give terra the opportunity to use most of her abilities, this wound render her vulnerable though, she will still have her vines which we will have to evade and immobilise, that is imperative. This will then allow us to descend via repel and eliminate her troops, retrieve Raine, and get them out of there. NOW MOVE!'

Awestruck by his speech, you hadn't realised that most people had already boarded airships and are beginning to lift off, you snap out of it ,and jump onto Darius' airship without a second to spare.

'(Y/N), for today, you aren't going to defend me or protect me. Your primary objective is the same as the rest of the fleet, find Raine, they're really important for the next stages in the plan' Darius is liking of to the middle distance while instructing this to you.

'But sir-' you try to begin to say, but you notice his face, complete reassurance.

'Yes sir, I won't let you down' you say with a face brimming with determination.

'I know you won't'