Chapter 07

"Okay....." you say slowly and mostly confused.
Darius gestures for you to follow him before beginning to walk down the hall ,baring right into a study.

The room is filled top to bottom in books ,maps and important emperor covern documents in a circular formation,the walls are adorned in articulate engravings of long forgotten stories that have resided here for decades. A tall fireplace is the centre piece of the room,already filled with logs,and on the mantle rests the head of a mythical beast,brought down by Darius' ancestors.

 A tall fireplace is the centre piece of the room,already filled with logs,and on the mantle rests the head of a mythical beast,brought down by Darius' ancestors

You stand there marvelling at the room not even realising that Darius has brought a second chair in and positioned it uncomfortably close to his own.

"(Y/N)? I want you to humour me for a minute if that's ok" Darius says.

"Of course si-I mean Darius" you say ,just about remembering Darius' previous request to not address him formally.

"Take a seat,I want you to listen to me tell you a story that I have written"Darius pats the chair beside him asking you to sit.
You sit down and wait diligently for him to continue speaking .

"I also have another request.May you take your helmet off?" You take your helmet off slowly,not sure of how he'll react.

"Why....why didn't you tell me...why didn't you tell me that you were so beautiful?" Darius asks completely seriously,not realising how flustered he got you.

You blush heavily and begin to squirm in your chair as he begins reading you the book he wrote.

"Our story starts-Darius gets cut off as the butler enters the room with your meals.

"Apologies for intruding Master Deamonne but your dinner is ready sir" Darius sighs and says to you,
"Perhaps another time"

You and Darius get given a tray of food with a serving dish on top of it.you take the dish off and are presented by the best food you've ever seen.Usually you would politely decline telling him that this was too much to give you but tonight you were starving.

You and Darius promptly polish off your plates and the butler enters again to take your now completely desolate dishes.
"My ,My! You both ate with gusto today"the butler chuckles and leaves before closing the door behind him.

About to ask Darius what was on the docket next,you feel your eyes begin to close as your head falls on Darius' shoulder, he smiles , reaches for a blanket,pulls it on the both of you and rests his head onto yours,falling asleep in the process.