Chapter 09

The ride to the emperors covern was weirdly quiet.You caught yourself almost waiting for Darius to approach you and say something reassuring and soothing,but to your disappointment,he was too busy sketching different types of abominations to summon in his notepad, to enthralled by the thought of creating something new,he had no idea he was pacing up and down the deck quietly whispering things to himself that you can just about not make out.

You decide to prioritise getting to the covern before eves-dropping on Darius' conversation with himself.
You see the covern up ahead and alert Darius.

"Sir we have almost arrived at the emperors covern"
You wait for darius to respond but you don't get anything.
"Sir we are arriving at the covern,I require your orders as to which deck we should enter"Still nothing

Darius remains steadfast as to keep pacing and mumbling to himself.

You approach him cautiously as to not set off some instinctual fight or flight response of which you are fully aware he would choose fight.

You reach him and grab his arm,suddenly his leg swipes yours and you are in a half laying down position only held up by his arms.

"Sorry there (Y/N) , I seemed to be lost in thought" Darius' calm and smooth voice relaxes you and at the same time makes you incredibly flustered .

"WHICH SHIP SHOULD WE LAND THE DOCK"you say stumbling on every other word you say.

Darius let's put a hearty laugh and responds "where ever you want.I'll be fine with it".

"GOT IT" you jump from his arms, take the helm and dock the airship in bay 3 ,dropping the bridge.

"Thank you for bringing me back to life there" Darius says before embracing you without a warning and walking down the platform into the ground.You proceeded to follow him.

You make it to the library where Darius starts browsing certain books that catch your eye such as "How to catch a human" and "owl hunting for beginners" you avert your gaze to a long neglected side of the library closed to visitors.
You've always thought of warnings such as these as a sort of guideline that you can follow if you wanted.

You jump the rope and are met immediately by a guard that threw  you straight back the middle of the library floor .
You think to yourself "I guess no spooky explorations today" as you make your way back to Darius.

"You done (Y/N)?" Darius asks you,carrying the exact same books you saw him skim over earlier.

"Yes,apologies for the wait" you say bowing in the process

"Nonsense! Honestly one excuse to postpone hunters' sewing lesson is a plus for me to be honest"
You both let out a small giggle to yourselves.

"Alright ,alright ,time to head to The golden guards room to give him some sewing lessons" Darius sighs as he starts making his way the the main castle.

"Let's do this" You reply sternly.