Prologue

San was deeply asleep in a dreamless slumber, the kind that when you wake up you feel more tired than before, when he felt a pair of lips rest on his temple. Then a bite, painful, below his ear. He opened his eyes.

"Why didn't you set your alarm? I've waited for you for ten minutes."

"...I was hoping you would wake me up with a kiss."

"There's no time to waste San, don't joke around. Tomorrow is your first TV appearance since the comeback."

San was tempted to roll his eyes, but he restrained himself.

"Get up, com'on."

He felt every muscle in his body begging him not to get up. A widespread pain gripped him, accompanied by a feeling of weakness which he recently could not get rid of. The thought of facing that day made his eyes burn. Suddenly, he found himself sitting up after a strong tug on his arm.

"Do you think I've come here to play? I told you to get up, don't act like a child."

San, despite himself, was forced to do as he was told. It was best not to upset the other further. He drank a glass of water and dressing quickly, accompanied by the rhythmic sound of the man's foot tapping impatiently on the floor.

"I'm ready."

"Good, let's go," he said. "Fortunately, your new manager is coming today — if I had to do this every morning, I'd strangle you."

"Shouldn't you be happy to spend more time with me?"

The other looked at him condescendingly. "Overjoyed."

San stopped walking. He had to get up at dawn to face a completely unnecessary day of rehearsal since it was crystal clear to him what he would have to do the next day. Moreover, at the moment he felt much more the need to rest than to rehearse, since he hadn't stopped for a moment since the release of the single. And mostly, the person who should have had supported him the most was treating him like a spoiled idiot.

"Now what?" said the other exasperated.

"If you treat me like this, I won't come. I'm also looking forward to my new manager's arrival since you are completely incapable in the role. You force me to wake up every day at dawn and you don't even bring me coffee. If you don't treat me better I swear I will refuse to let the vocal coach you invited today hear the song."

San saw the other's face go through several shades of red and purple. San had the feeling that he would have gladly hit him — pity for him that San had to go on television the next day, and his face had to be perfect. The other seemed to realize this, too, because he took a deep breath and changed tactic.

"You're right, baby, I'm sorry. I know you're tired, just make this effort for me, okay?"

With that said, he hugged him, and despite himself San surrendered against his warm chest. Then he felt a hand lift his chin, and lips pressing against his own.

"Now be good, and let's get going, okay?"

"All right."