Jealousy

Wooyoung returned to his apartment by bus. He was so angry that he felt like smashing anything that came into his hands. As soon as he was inside his tiny, bare apartment, he imagined himself locked up in there alone for a whole week. No, he couldn't make it. He picked up the phone.

"Hello, Wooyoung?"

"Yeosang... something happened... I want to come home... can you come pick me up at the station?"

"At the station? When? And what happened?"

Wooyoung quickly looked up train schedules online.

"Tonight, at 10:30 p.m."

"Tonight?! S-Sure, all right, I'll be there. Will you tell me what's going on?"

"I've been suspended. I'll tell you about it later, now I have to pack my stuff."

He hung up, only to realize that his suitcase and clothes were in San's apartment. Too bad the boy was currently with the president, whom Wooyoung had no desire to see, to say the least. He filled his gym bag with his remaining clothes and took a cab to the station.

On the train, he kept thinking about what San was doing at that moment. Had he already stopped by at his house to pick up his things? Was he at Mr. Kim's house now? Was he going to have dinner? What would they have done together?

He would have liked to text or call him, but he knew he would not be the only one reading the message, so in the end he let it go. He felt really defeated and demoralized. The thought of San alone with that man was driving him crazy. He could not stop imagining the president's greedy hands gripping his hips too tightly, his mouth against his mouth, San's hands unbuttoning his shirt. He felt his chest burning.

He was so distracted that he almost didn't realize he had arrived at his stop. He jumped off the train at the last second, finding himself in front of Yeosang who had come to pick him up at the platform.

Like a child finally finding the comfort he was looking for, Wooyoung threw himself into his arms, finally letting go of all the frustration he felt in the past few days. Yeosang held him without saying anything, patting him reassuringly on the back, then urging him to move.

Once they were in the car, Yeosang spoke.

"So, will you tell me what the hell is going on with you?"

"...Do you want the short version or the long one?"

"The long one, of course. Shall I take you to your mother's?"

"No, I don't want her to know I've been suspended...can I stay with you?"

"Sure. Now tell me everything."

Wooyoung opened his mouth to speak, but found he did not know where to begin. "Well... I... I think you were right."

"About what?"

"I think I have fallen for Choi San."

Yeosang said nothing for a long moment. "...I actually said that to provoke you, I didn't think you would be crazy enough to really fall in love with him. You do know that you belong to two different worlds, right?"

"Unfortunately, I know that very well."

"Didn't you also tell me that he was also involved with 'an asshole'?"

"Yes. That's the second problem — that man is disgusting. He treats San as if he were his property, he cares much more about his career than his well-being, he says bad things to him that make him suffer and belittle him, and I suspect he is also aggressive towards him."