Innocence

Wooyoung watched San getting ready by the mirror. They had been at Yeosang's house for several days already, and things were going better than expected.

Mr. Kim had made an official statement about San's departure from the agency keeping it, fortunately, formal and vague. Since then, Choi San's mysterious disappearance from Seoul had caused a lot of noise, but everyone believed that, like a phoenix, he would reappear grander than before. Wooyoung was also convinced of that.

At the moment, they were getting ready, because that evening Wooyoung's friends would finally come to meet San, who was a nervous wreck.

"Sanie, you're handsome, stop fixing your hair," Wooyoung said laughing and faking an exasperated sigh.

"Stop teasing me!" he retorted, throwing a pillow at him. "I'd like to see how you would act if you were in my place."

Seeing that he was one step away from getting offended, Wooyoung quickly got out of bed, hugging him from behind. "Sorry, you're right, but there's really nothing to fix anymore. I'm sure it will be fine. And, finally, I'll be able to make a nice barbecue for you."

Fortunately, leaving the agency, San had resumed eating like a human being. If Wooyoung was over the moon about their current life, San was still having a hard time. He was finally realizing that many ideas he had were not actually his own, but Kai's. Many times Wooyoung had caught him distracted, sad and wistful. He had also told Wooyoung that he no longer knew who he was, as if his personality had been shaped by a person who, by disappearing from his life, had also taken away his identity. Wooyoung was worried about him, but he was also sure that in time he would get to know himself more and rebuild himself, piece by piece. And Wooyoung would accompany him all the way.

Wooyoung was distracted by these thoughts when he heard footsteps and voices in the hallway. His friends had arrived.

"Come on, love, let's go," he said, offering his hand, which San immediately took.

The closer they got to the kitchen, the louder the cackling got. San was really tense, and Wooyoung was beginning to feel that way too. Finally, they entered the room where all his friends were gathered.

They all turned to look at them, and Seonghwa, squinting, took a step toward them, speaking first.

"SAN! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR FACE? WHO HIT YOU?!"

Wooyoung was bewildered, could it be that they had to embarrass him right away?!

"Hello, Seonghwa, I was also beaten up, as you can probably see. But I'm fine, don't worry about me."

Only then did Seonghwa look at him, jolting at the sight of his swollen face. "God, Wooyoung, you look terrible!"

Within a second, Seonghwa realized that he had gone off on his own without even introducing himself, and he blushed violently, bowing.

"I'm so sorry! I-I'm Park Seonghwa...I'm sorry, San, I...I keep up with everything you do and I'm your biggest fan, so I almost feel like I already know you, I didn't mean to talk to you like that... Forgive me!"

San, trying to hold back a laugh, took a step toward him, laying a hand on his shoulder, intimating him to stop bowing. "Wooyoung told me about you, Seonghwa. Very pleased to meet you. I hope we will become friends."

Seonghwa looked at him as if he had seen the sun, and Wooyoung began to feel slightly irritated by that look when Yunho and Mingi literally pushed him aside to introduce themselves.

"Hello San, so nice to meet you! I'm Yunho,"

"And I'm Mingi!"

"I never thought Wooyoung would have actually been able to win you over, we even made a bet —"