Bruises

The next day, as promised, Yeosang had all the rest of their group arrive for dinner without telling them that Wooyoung would have also been there. They wanted it to be a surprise.

As soon as they had all gathered in the dining room, Wooyoung decided to make his grand entrance, and soon found himself crushed by all of his friends.

"Woo! When did you come back?! What are you doing here?"

"MAN, I MISSED YOU!"

A particularly powerful pat on the back took his breath away; it had to be Jongho.

"Guys, you don't know how much I missed you..."

Seonghwa immediately attacked him. "How is San in person?? Did you bring me his autograph??"

"No, Hwa, I didn't bring you his autograph..."

"YOU BASTARD, WITH ALL THE TIMES I'VE HELPED YOU!"

Yeosang intervened. "Seonghwa, calm down. Wooyoung has had quite other things on his mind. Why don't we sit down and let him tell the story?"

Wooyoung told his friends what had happened to him, how special San was to him, how he was imprisoned in an unhealthy relationship, although he carefully avoided saying with whom. Then he told them that he had a bad relationship with his boss and that he had been suspended for a week as a result of not being able to hold his tongue. His friends looked at him open-mouthed.

The first to speak was Jongho. "Bro, the solution is one. As soon as you can get back on the field, go get San and get rid of his boyfriend through your fists. As for your boss, screw him."

Wooyoung laughed. "It's easy for you to talk. One punch from you could send anyone into hyperspace. I think if he tried to punch his boyfriend, I'd be the one who would end up in the hospital..."

Then it was Yunho's turn. "But it was you who solved this stalker issue! I'm sure San considers you a hero and he'll be the one to dump that loser."

"Unfortunately, I don't think it's that easy..."

"Wooyoung, honestly I'm worried," Mingi said. "How could you fall in love with a celebrity? He's totally out of your league — out of anyone's league. I think you should quit your job and try to forget him."

That was what Wooyoung thought too, but he would have never had the strength to consciously turn his back on San and give up on him altogether.

Seonghwa did not express himself; he was simply bewildered that his friend was on certain terms with his idol. It seemed like a movie to him and he did not know what to say.

"Guys, don't worry, I don't expect to find a solution to the problem right now... knowing that I have you around, is enough for me...now how about I prepare a nice barbecue and then we play Fifa?"

He was tremendously in need of distraction; he couldn't stand talking about San anymore. However, as he grilled meat for his friends, he couldn't help but think that he should have prepared meat for the boy as well. He had promised him several times before, but there had never been an opportunity. How nice it would have been if, today, he had been there too. Although Wooyoung knew it was not possible, imagining San in his world was his favorite pastime.

He was roused from his own thoughts by Seonghwa, who came to snatch the meat straight from the grill to make him annoyed. Immediately afterward, however, he put his arm around his shoulders, patting him reassuringly.

"Wooyoung, smile. I'm sure if anyone in this world can make the impossible come true, that's you."

Wooyoung looked at him in amazement, not knowing what to say. Seonghwa looked at him with a confident smile that almost made him believe that, perhaps, he was right.