Tenderness

Wooyoung, as soon as he had closed the door, turned his full attention to the boy in front of him. He looked terrified and did not move from the doorway.

"...Wooyoung, he's not in here, isn't he?"

"San, look at me. Calm down. You have a security door, it's not that easy to force it open, there would have been marks on the lock."

"...Could you check?"

"Sure."

Wooyoung immediately started searching through all the rooms, looking under the bed, in the closets, behind the curtains, and in any hiding place he could think of. San had yet to move and was following his every movement with his eyes.

"There's no one here, San. You can relax."

San finally took off his shoes, but he looked shaken. At one point, Wooyoung noticed that his eyes were glossy and he felt a pang in his heart.

He hurried over to him, pulling him in. The boy was petrified for a moment, but after a few seconds he returned the hug with equal vigor.

"...Sorry if I act like this, but...it's exactly like last time."

"You don't have to apologize. What last time?"

"A couple of years ago I started finding letters everywhere from a stalker. Everyone was telling me not to worry, that it was a prank, that I wasn't alone... but on a day off, I had just left the house to take a walk and some maniac grabbed me and tried to drag me to his car. Fortunately Kai was coming to get me, and he called the police and had him arrested. But it was terrible, really terrifying..."

Wooyoung felt the blood boiling in his veins at the thought of the poor boy who could not even feel safe in his own home. He would not allow something like that to happen again. For no reason.

He felt San trying to move from the embrace, and he immediately let him go.

"I'll call Kai, he needs to know."

Wooyoung despite himself, nodded. He was still his lover and boss, after all.

Within half an hour, Mr. Kim arrived, looking furious and agitated.

"San, are you all right?"

"I'm fine," San replied, unconvinced.

Kai made to pull him into his arms, but at that moment he noticed Wooyoung's presence, and held back. In fact, the president did not know that Wooyoung already knew the true nature of their relationship.

"Were you here when it happened? And by the way, why are you here?"

Wooyoung became red-faced. How could he explain this one? I was promoted manager-chef and now I eat here every night because in your agency there is no concern at all for the physical health of the artists?

San spoke for him. "I called Wooyoung as soon as I found the note. I thought he couldn't have gone too far, and he came right back."

"That's right," nodded Wooyoung.

Mr. Kim looked first at one and then at the other suspiciously, but decided to return to the main problem, asking Wooyoung again if he had more information about what had happened.

"Unfortunately, I didn't see anyone, I don't know when that man arrived and how long he has known where San lives. But I think he shouldn't be alone until we understand the situation..."

"I totally agree," said Mr. Kim. It was the first time they agreed on something.

"San can stay at my house in the meantime," Wooyoung proposed.