A new beginning

In the days before, San had called Hongjoong, revealing him how he had run away from Seoul and was now in Icheon with Wooyoung. He had asked him if he was still willing to help, and the young producer had said he was more than willing. He had taken a leave at work for "personal reasons" and taken the first train to Icheon.

They could not have asked Yeosang to accommodate a third person since they were already abusing his hospitality. However, Seonghwa, eager to help his idol return on the stage, had offered to host him.

San and Hongjoong worked day and night on the song. Hongjoong had also improvised himself as a vocal coach and helped San find a softer sound. Although San had offered to pay him, Hongjoong had refused. Hongjoong had told him that since he had known him, he had hoped for his rebellion, for him to take charge of his own life and art. Besides, this was, in his opinion, the best song he had written, so working on it was a pleasure.

Now, Wooyoung had only one thing left to do. He picked up the phone, contacting a reporter he had dealt with when he worked for JK Entertainment.

"Hello?"

"Hello, good morning Seung-Hyub, do you remember me? I'm Jung Wooyoung, Choi San's manager."

"CHOI- Yes, I absolutely remember," he said, lowering dramatically his tone of voice. Evidently he was not alone and wanted the scoop for himself. "Please tell me you have news for me. The whole country is going crazy, where is San hiding?! Why did he leave JK Entertainment?!"

"This is confidential information. However, I have news for you. San will perform at the charity festival 'Under Our Wings' in five days, it will be his first public appearance since leaving JK Entertainment."

"A charity festival?! Really??? But under what agency will he be performing?"

"None. San plans to write a new chapter in his life and change course. He has written a new song that he will present at the festival. He will choose a new agency soon, based on the offers that will come to us as a result of the performance."

"Thank you! Thank you for the news, Mr. Jung! Thanks to you I will write a great article!"

"I don't doubt it, thanks to you!"

In less than an hour, the news had already gone around the country, and Wooyoung was forced to turn off his phone because of the persistent calls he kept getting from various reporters.

"There's no turning back now," he said. "How are you feeling?"

"Nervous... but mostly I'm excited."

"Great. Let's go, then," he said, closing the trunk of his car, which he had retrieved from his mother's house after a very embarrassing meeting in which he had been forced to tell her what had happened to him. They were going back to Seoul today to prepare for the festival.

San sat as as usual in the back seat, covering his face, even though Wooyoung's car had tinted rear windows.

"Wooyoung, would you like to go to a place where no one knows me? I'd like to take a trip sitting next to you for once."

Wooyoung smiled. "Is there a place in this world where they don't know you?" he asked looking at him from the mirror.

San sighed. "We'll have to do some research — I've toured Asia, Europe, America, Arabia — but I'm sure that somewhere no one has ever heard of Choi San."

"Then we'll scout out that place and retreat there for... a month!"

"A month?! No, that's too much!"

"Too much? I'd say the bare minimum!"