A note

As soon as they entered the house with their arms full of the grocery bags, San offered to help Wooyoung sort out the food he had bought. Wooyoung smiled to himself. For being a star since he was a teenager, San never acted like spoiled brat.

"No, thank you. Go rest a little, I'll take care of it here," Wooyoung said.

San didn't need to be told twice, but instead of going to lie down like last time, he took out a notepad and started writing. Wooyoung looked at him in curiosity, but quickly looked away. He had chicken to take care of.

When he had finished cooking, he ventured to approach San, who had been writing furiously on his notepad without stopping since they had arrived home. When Wooyoung came up behind him, he quickly realized that he was working on a new song, and although he shouldn't, he couldn't stop himself from reading.

"I am strong, but love is evil.

It's a version of perversion that is only for the lucky people

Take your time and do with me what you will

I won't mind, you know I'm ill

So hit me like a man and love me like a woman

Buried inside, look me in the eyes, I want it

One will give you hell, one will give you heaven

Hit me like a man, love me like a woman..."

Wooyoung squinted in surprise at the sight of the lyrics, turning to look at San's perfect, sharp profile. He was so focused that he had yet to notice his presence.

"A new song?"

San jumped slightly. "...Yeah. They asked me to write something more sensual..."

"It sounds more kinky than sensual to me, actually. Don't you think you're being a little too hard on us men? Men can love too, or women can hit."

"It's a metaphor of course. I'm not condemning any gender. It's just that men are violent, especially in sex. They hurt you."

Wooyoung watched San carefully. If he had guessed correctly, all of his songs were about his relationship with Kai. Could it be that San had such an idea about love and sex in general?

"No, not all men are violent. Those are monsters."

San's expression hardened. "That's not true. It's a matter of instinct, you can't control it."

"I don't know what kind of experience you have, but I think only a really insecure person needs to hurt someone else to feel good — but I wouldn't call that love."

San winced and Wooyoung bit his tongue after speaking. He knew nothing about San and Kai's relationship. His were only conjectures born from the little he had seen.

"Sorry, I was unfair. I didn't mean to hurt you."

San recoiled, smiling as if to belittle what Wooyoung had said, even though it was obvious by now he was hurt by it. "Never mind. It's just to talk. Is dinner ready?"

"Yes, I've come to call you," he said.

The two went to sit down at the table. This time Wooyoung had prepared a portion for himself as well, and he hoped it would not be a problem for San. The two ate in silence for a few minutes and after a while San commented.

"Eating like this, together... it really feels like a dinner between friends," he said.

"I thought we had already established that we were... or perhaps would you prefer to eat alone?"