MIT

All night, Kendra waited for someone to barge into the room, grab her up, and interrogate her about her shoes, but it never came. Instead, in the morning, Kendra was startled awake by her door opening with a bang. Shuri came in with her purple jumpsuit and bead earring pacing Kendra's room silently. Shuri finally stopped pacing and flopped down onto Kendra's bed.
"You alright?" Kendra asked. Shuri stopped pacing and plastered on a big smile and batted her long eyelashes.
"I need you to come with me and Okoye to MIT," Shuri announced confidently. Kendra raised an eyebrow.
"Shuri, I just got here from America and now I have to go back?" Kendra thought for a moment, "Why do you trust me so much?" Kendra asked leaning up. Shuri chuckled. The two had been talking for the past year through email and over the phone.
"I did my research before we started communicating last year and when they picked you up from your apartment I had them take a sample of your hair...for DNA...Just to be extra sure," Shuri said proudly. Kendra couldn't help but laugh. The two women laughed together before the room fell silent again.
"But, I feel like I'm still a stranger," Kendra confessed. Shuri groaned and stood from the bed. Kendra did the same and yawned.
"We can get to know each other on our flight to MIT. Now, get ready we are leaving in a few!" Shuri said before running out of the room.

Kendra showered and slipped into navy blue tracksuit, black baseball cap, and white sneakers. Two Dora Milaje escorted her down to where Shuri, Okoye, and Queen Ramonda stood. The Queen spotted her first and strod towards her. Kendra's leg trembled slightly but she kept her eyes leveled. The Queen was close enough for Kendra to feel her breath on her face.
"If anything happens to Shuri...you're better off heading back to your home in America.  You may be my husbands daughter but you are no child of mine and I do not trust you as far as I can throw you. Do you understand?" The Queen hissed in one breath. Kendra gulped feeling her palms sweat. Kendra nodded and Queen Ramonda walked away. Shuri ran up to her and hooked her arm with hers.
"Don't worry about my mother she's just going through a lot right now," Shuri whispered. Kendra relaxed and thought about it. T'Challa died last year, Queen Ramonda was now overseeing Wakanda, and now worrying about Kendra who was a secret love child for as over 20 years. How embarrassing that might be to have to deal with the scandal of the world finding out that instead of Shuri being next in line for the throne her older sister maybe. Kendra shook the thought away as they climbed into a ship. I couldn't be anyone's leader. I shouldn't even be alive. I shouldn't even be here. What was I thinking?

The three were standing on the MIT campus awkwardly searching the area.
"This is where the smart people go to school," Kendra said absentmindedly. Okoye stifled a laugh and Kendra smirked. The air was cold as it blew through them.
"Why are we here?" Kendra asked.
"We are here to find some young college student," Okoye said.
"I'll go up to dorms while you two stay here," Shuri said running off. Okoye shook her head before quietly following behind her. Kendra looked around quickly.
"They can't just leave me here," Kendra panicked. Kendra looked for an unsuspecting student too busy in their phone to notice her come up.
"Hey, are you headed to the food court?" She asked. The student jumped and peered at her. The young woman had curly brown hair, thick eyebrows, and dull eyes. Kendra eyed the woman's black converses.
"Uh, yeah...do I know you?" The woman asked. Kendra's heart flipped.
"Yeah, we have a lecture together... I sit in the back though," Kendra said with a nervous laugh. The woman looked her over a gave a small smile.
"Oh nice, the names MJ by the way," MJ said. Kendra walked beside her.
"Kendra."

Kendra sat in the food court downing a cheeseburger with her new friend MJ when Okoye came sauntering towards her.
"Oh shoot," Kendra mumbled. MJ looked up.
"What?"
"I forgot, I have to go talk with a professor about a grade on a paper. Uh, see you later!" Kendra said gathering her trash and running over to Okoye.
"You and Shuri are related seeing as though you both know how to get side tracked on a mission," Okoye whispered. Kendra dusted her hands together knocking off crumbs.
"That cheeseburger was so good. It was so worth it though," Kendra said. When they regrouped Shuri stood talking with a short young woman with cornrows.
"Ah, Kendra this is Riri, Riri this is my sister Kendra," Shuri announced. Riri looked Kendra up and down.
"I didn't know there was another princess," Riri boasted. After a short debrief Shuri, Okoye, and Kendra were following Riri. They ended up in a warehouse with tech and mechs all over the place. Kendra watched in awe as Riri and Shuri talked all things tech that Kendra knew nothing about. Kendra walked around spinning in small circles out of boredom remembering her breaks at the aquarium on the slow days. A wave of ice prickled Kendra's skin and swayed her insides with a wave of energy. It wasn't good whatever it was. I haven't felt that in a long time. Kendra turned just in time to see the red and blue lights flashing outside the warehouse.
"What?" Kendra started but Shuri was hopping onto a motorcycle and Okoye was beckoning her over into a red car. Kendra ran over and Riri flew into the air with her mech suit. Kendra stumbled into the passenger seat of the car as Okoye started the engine.
"What is wrong with you? It was as if you froze for 15 minutes." Okoye shouted throwing the gear into drive and exiting the warehouse.
"15 minutes? What are you talking about and why are we being chased by the police?" Kendra shouted.
"I don't have enough time to explain," Okoye swirled and Kendra smacked into the door.
"Where'd you learn to drive?" Kendra hissed. Okoye clicked her tongue and Shuri buzzed over the communicator.
"There's a bridge up ahead, we can lose them there," she said. She zoomed ahead on the motorcycle and Okoye sped up too. The police weren't stopping and Kendra felt a pang in her chest.
"I domy want to go to jail. I don't want to go to jail," Kendra recited to herself.
"Oh just be quiet we'll be fine." Okoye snapped. Kendra froze again feeling something pulse from the right of her. There was a loud boom and Shuri was knocked off her bike and sailed into the air. The car flipped and Kendra's stomach dipped as if she'd just went down on a rollercoaster. The car flipped twice before skidding to a stop. Kendra looked around and Okoye was slowly coming around.
"Shuri!" Okoye fell out of her seat and climbed through the window. Kendra followed suit remembering the Queens threat. Glass cut her palms as she pushed herself off the ground. She stumbled over to Okoye and Shuri. A dark shadow casted over them as a whale sprung from the waters and dove back in. A large man with blue skin and a head piece that reminded Kendra of a hammer head shark landed in the middle of the road.
"What the hell,"Kendra said breathlessly. Okoye stood quickly charging at the man. Kendra quickly stood by Shuri staring at the blue people in front of them. Okoye began plucking the smaller blue skin people off one by one with her spear. Kendra turned to Shuri and shook her lightly.
"Shuri, wake up!" Kendra said and a loud bang of steel sounded. Kendra turned around just Okoye fell back. The larger blue man circling her. Kendra felt water at her finger tips as her heart hammered in her chest. Okoye fought again before a ball was thrown her way.
"Okoye!" Kendra screamed as Okoye spliced the ball with her spear and a gush of water knocked her off the bridge and into the water.
"Stop!" Shuri shouted from behind Kendra and Kendra felt the water withdraw from her hands, "I am the Princess of Wakanda and I demand that you take me to Namor."
Kendra watched as Shuri stepped forward.
"Shuri—No! What! Who is Namor?" Kendra felt her throat close as one of the blue people stepped towards her. They took off their blue mouth piece and placed it on her.
"Breathe," they said. Kendra watched as Shuri jumped off the bridge. Wait. Kendra's arm was grabbed as she was guided to the side of the bridge.
"Jump," they commanded. Kendra froze watching the dark waters beneath her. If anything happens to Shuri... Kendra placed a hand over her bracelet as she jumped. This is a bad idea. Kendra clenched her teeth as they disappeared into the depths of the water on the back of a whale.