Aftermath

The water ripped as Kendra swam out of the caverns. It was late and one of the guards had became sloppy and didn't see her sneak out. Her body nearly formless as she swam and swam. I have to get to Shuri. Kendra didn't ascend from the depths of the ocean until she saw the slight rays of the sun. When she breached the surface she was back at the bridge where they were first attacked. Kendra avoided the bewildered gazes of the lulu lemon new moms group as they walked by pushing their strollers.
"Are you ok?" One of the women asked. Kendra climbed up the sides and laid out in the grass.
"Totally fine," Kendra breathed. Her hair stuck to her forehead but she could feel small strands drying out in the heat of the sun. The women continued on their walk and Kendra finally peeled herself off the ground.
"Ma'am do you need help?" Another voice called out. Kendra wiped the grass blades off her pants and felt a pang of joy when she looked into familiar eyes.
"MJ?" Kendra jogged over and MJ took a small step back.
"Oh uh...Kendra, right?" Mj pursed her lips, "W-what are you doing?"
"A long story. Mind if I use your phone?" Kendra asked. MJ whipped out her phone, unlocked it, and handed it over. Kendra hovered over the touchscreen before cursing to herself. I can't call Shuri on MJ's phone. Kendra looked up at MJ before sheepishly handing the phone over.
"Thanks, see you later," Kendra jogged off leaving MJ standing confused. Kendra jogged until she was out of sight and dove back into the water.

By the time she made it to the small river in Wakanda her legs felt like shredded meat. As she laid out on the itchy grass Kendra heard quick footsteps.
"Kendra!" The person fell on top of her and wrapped her in a deep embrace. Kendra felt her ligaments harden into lead. The person leaned up looking into her eyes. Okoye. Kendra forced herself upright and wrapped her arms around her.
"I'm so glad you're alright!" Okoye said cupping Kendra's cheek. Kendra relaxed and fell back into the ground.
"Yeah. I finally made it back safe after being left for dead," Kendra said. A flicker of anger ignited in her chest. Why hadn't anyone rescued me? Why did I allow Namor... Kendra fought the tingling sensation between her legs and stood. A heavy clank hit her ankle and she peered down.
"What is the matter?" Okoye asked. Kendra looked at the gold bangle that sat on her right ankle. Heavy and encrusted with a single emerald.
"Nothing, where's Shuri?" Kendra snapped.
"I was kicked out by the Queen and so much has happened. Namor and his people attacked and flooded nearly everything," Okoye sighed.
"I just need to see Shuri." Kendra pressed. Okoye gave Kendra an apologetic look.
"I don't think that would be a good idea..."