Reunion

"How can I trust you?" Shuri asked. The lab went quiet. Kendra rubbed her hands together.
"I'm your sister," Kendra spoke up.
"You are a stranger to me," Shuri spat. The anger seeping out of her dark brown eyes. Kendra wished she had listened to Okoye and had stayed out the way. Kendra sighed.
"I'm so sorry about your mother," Kendra said. It was true, she was saddened about the Queen mother's passing. However, in Kendra's mind all things would have been avoided if the Queen hadn't sent an assassin to rescue Shuri. Shuri narrowed her eyes staring back at Kendra.
"If you had the power to escape as I saw before. Why didn't you follow behind us?" Shuri asked. A blast of heat rushed through Kendra's body. It was a valid question. Kendra was able to escape Talokan on her own. She didn't want to admit what she had done with Namor. Was she embarrassed? Ashamed? She wasn't sure.
"I couldn't at first..." Kendra said. She hung her head taking in a deep breath before meeting Shuri's gaze again.
"What happened?" Shuri pressed.
"I was kept separate from the people of Talokan. In a separate cavern. One way in one way out...Guarded of course," Kendra sat down in a chair by a table holding tools.
"I'm sorry we didn't come for you sooner," Shuri broke down. She held her head in her hands sobbing. Kendra strode over embracing Shuri in a hug.
"I know that you're my sister and not a stranger. I was just angry," Shuri admitted.
"We're still learning each other during really crazy circumstances," Kendra laughed.
"As the black panther now I must confront Namor head on. Tomorrow," Shuri declared.
"What do you plan to do?" Kendra asked.
"I'll kill him," Shuri said. Lips pressed together. Kendra felt her heart skip. Sure an eye for an eye, but she didn't want Namor to die. She didn't know him very well and yet they held intimate moments together as if they'd known each other for years. Blind trust. Kendra nodded her head and Shuri turned on her heels.
"I'll need your help tomorrow, sistah," Shuri said, "You and your powers."
"You know I'll be there," Kendra smiled. Shuri stopped and turned back to Kendra.
"We haven't announced to anyone that you are my," Shuri looked around, "biological sister."
"Got it. I won't tell anyone of course."