Departure

"Married?" Kendra repeated. Namor leaned back with a cat like grin on his face. There was something brewing behind his brown eyes and Kendra couldn't figure it out.
"Yes, married."
"Look," Kendra sighed and rubbed her hands together, "What happened in that cave was just a heat of the moment situation—"
"You didn't complain," Namor retorted. Kendra screamed internally.
"Just because that happened doesn't mean I want to marry you," Kendra said in one breath. Namor scoffed and clutched imaginary pearls.
"That wounds me," he chuckled., "Don't worry, I'm respectful. I actually saved you remember? When your sister tried to kill you."
"It was an accident—" Kendra stressed.
"Again with the excuses. It's getting old, Kendra," Namor walked towards the door of the room.
"Does my sister know?"
"She's the one who agreed to it,"Namor said his voice darkened. Kendra's eyes widened in shock. Shuri agreed to let him marry me? After everything? After the battle? Just like that?
"No. No, I'm not something to be traded," Kendra shouted and Namor calmly raised his hand to stop her.
"You need not worry. Once we are married, you are allowed to go back to your home. Not Wakanda. You will have no contact from Shuri and vice versa," Namor announced. Kendra shook her head.
"Why do you want to marry me? We barely know each other?" Kendra snapped.
"You will be under my protection and the protection of my people. I won't allow anything to happen to you," Namor said calmly walking over to her. He caressed her cheek slowly before pressing his thumb to her lips. Kendra stared up at him. Kendra turned her head away and laid back down. Namor sighed.
"Rest, we leave in two days for Wakanda," he said before leaving.