Chapter 8: All For One

We traveled for a couple minutes down a relatively blank, white hallway, while he kept a close eye on me, making sure I didn't do anything fishy. Looking around, I saw the occasional camera on the roof. "Thankfully, I don't need to hurt him for our little plan, as much as I'd like to." I thought to myself.

After what felt like 10 minutes of just walking, I saw a slight figure. While it was hard to recognize him, I could tell who it was. Our boss, All For One, defenseless and locked up, unable to use his powers. 

I shiver, acting scared of going near him. Obviously I'm not scared of him, not in the way others were. He's our boss and would protect us. But the power he holds is incredible, that it's still frightening. 

The real reason I was shivering in fear was the fact he was still here. If he was able to escape, you'd think he'd be gone by now, right? "If they could keep him trapped, what could they do to me?" I thought.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and jumped, forgetting a guard came with me. "It's ok. He's trapped and can't hurt you. You'll be safe." I take a deep breath in and out, still faking being scared and nodded. "Ok, I'm ready. Open up."

He went to the door and opened up the multiple stage lock, keeping intruders out. I entered, still fake shaking, as I inch closer and closer to him. As close as he was to us, I'm not sure I've ever seen him without his mask on, but he looked almost…normal without it.

"Excuse me sir…I don't want to do this, but I was ordered to take some blood from you." I look at him, wink, and mouth my name to him. I stuck a needle into his side, causing him to wince in pain. When that needle was filled up, I took it out and did a second. "I don't want to come back here, so better safe than sorry." 

I mouth the words "I'm sorry" to him before removing the needle and walking to the door. "Well, you have a wonderful day." I say as the guard opens the door. We start walking down the hallway, when I feel my body start shifting.