[ 18. we escape x3 ]

| y/n's pov |

"GOOD PLAN, THOMAS." Minho started while we all hung upside down from our feet. "'Just hear what the man has to say.' Really working out for us."

"Oh, shut up, Minho." Thomas tried pulling himself upwards. "Maybe I can reach the rope."

All the boys tried to grab the ropes, and they all failed.

"Enjoying the view?" I looked over to see Jorge walking in.

"What the hell do you want?" Thomas questioned.

"That is the question. My men want to send you back to WICKED. Life has taught them to think small. I'm not like that." Jorge moved closer to Thomas. "Something tells me that you're not either."

"Is it the blood rushing to my head or is this shank not making any sense?" Minho asked.

"Tell me what you know about the Right Arm." Jorge ordered.

"I thought you said they were ghosts?" Newt pointed out.

"I happen to believe in ghosts." Jorge turned away from Newt and back to Thomas. "Especially when I hear them chattering on the airwaves."

He moved towards the lever nearby which controlled the ropes that kept us up.

"You tell me what you know, and maybe we can make a deal."

"We don't know much."

Jorge pushed the leaver and we fell lower.

"Okay! Okay, all right." Thomas held out his hands. "They're hiding in the mountains. And they attacked WICKED. They got out a bunch of kids. That's it. That's all we know."

Jorge took a step forward and opened his mouth, but one of the creepy men from earlier walked in.

"Yo, Jorge. What's going on?"

"Me and my new friends were just getting acquainted. We're done now."

"Hey, wait. You're not gonna help us?" Thomas asked.

"Don't worry, hermano. We'll get you back to where you belong."

What was that supposed to mean?

He turned his back on us and walked away. "Hang tight."

---

"OKAY I GOT it. Minho, ready?"

"Yeah." I was pushed to Minho. "Gotcha. Okay. One, two..."

"Here we go." Thomas was spinning around from his ropes.

"Three."

Minho pushed me and I swung forward, my arms reaching out for a nearby pole to get myself back on the ground. My fingers were about an inch away when I started swinging back.

"Agh!" Minho groaned.

"Oh, shit." Thomas cursed.

I swung forward and missed more times.

"Come on, Minho. Push harder!" Newt exclaimed.

"Shit." Whispered Thomas.

"This is it." Minho decided. "One... Two... Three!"