[ 30. nobody's perfect, man ]

| y/n's pov |

"MINHO, YOU OKAY?" Thomas asked as he helped Newt out of the water.

"Yeah."

Thomas reached his hand back down to me, and I grabbed onto his wrist and he helped pull me up.

"You good?"

I nodded, blinking to get the water out of my eyes.

Guns cocking behind us drew our attention. We turned around, and there stood four soldiers with their guns pointed at us.

"You four, don't move."

"Oh, you gotta be kidding me." Thomas groaned.

"Take it easy." The guards moved closer. "Uh-uh-uh-uh! Don't even think about it."

I looked down to see where Thomas had been reaching for the gun on the side of his leg.

"Get on your knees with your hands in the air." The soldier at the front ordered, but then the guy on the very right of the group took out the other three.

He ran up to us and took off his mask.

It was fucking Gally.

"Gally?" Minho and I spoke in unison.

"Minho. Y/N." He looked up at the building from where we jumped. "You guys are nuts."

"I'll explain later." Thomas pat Minho's shoulder and snaked his hand into mine.

The now five of us ran away from the building and against a small concrete wall.

After he pressed his back to the wall, Newt started coughing. He wasn't looking good either.

"Well, they're definitely pissed." Gally said, and I stared at him for a moment, just really confused.

"How far are the tunnels?" Thomas asked him, like it was a casual occurrence that Gally literally came back from the dead.

"Uh, maybe 12 blocks from here."

Newt started coughing more aggressively, and I turned to look at him again. Minho, who sat on my right, was beside Newt and watching him too.

"We can make it." Gally spoke again.

Minho crouched in front of Newt, and I slid over to be closer to them.

"Newt, how are you feeling?" Asked Minho.

"Terrible." He groaned, but put a hand on Minho's shoulder. "It's good to see you though. Both of you."

Minho pat Newt's hand before heading over to Thomas and Gally.

"It's good to see you, too, Newt." I forced a sympathetic smile.

It hurt to look away from him, but I followed Minho over to the others.

"Hey. How long has he been like this?" Minho whispered.