[ 22. the right arm ]

| y/n's pov |

"BACK IT UP, Joe!" Sonya waved as she led our group through the tunnel.

"Back it up!" A man, probably Joe, ordered and the large truck blocking the tunnel's other end started moving.

"We're taking them to base." Harriet said to another man who stood by another truck. They were fully decked out.

"Wait, so, how did you guys get here?" Aris asked.

"The Right Arm got us out." Harriet answered.

"Wait, wait." Thomas let go of my hand and pushed to the front of the group. "The Right Arm? Do you know where they are?"

Harriet opened the door to the car beside her.

"Hop in."

---

OUR GROUP WAS split into two cars. Thomas, Minho, Teresa and I were in one with Harriet and a driver, and the rest of our group was in a separate car with Sonya and another driver.

The cars slowed and stopped, and we all clambered out. The sight in front of us was something that I hadn't seen before. Tents, cars, and lots of people were set around the clearing.

"They've been planning this for over a year now." Harriet explained as she led us down to the camp. "This is all for us."

"You guys are lucky you found us when you did. We're moving out at first light." Sonya added. She then turned to another man. "Where's Vince?"

"Somewhere over there, I think." The man replied, pointing off to our right.

"Who's Vince?" Thomas asked yet another question.

"He's the one who decides if you get to stay." Harriet answered.

"I thought the Right Arm was supposed to be an army." Minho said.

"Yeah, we were. This is all that's left of us. Lot of good people died getting us this far." A man said walking over to us. "Who are they?"

"They're Immunes. Caught 'em coming up the mountain." Said Harriet.

"Did you check 'em?" Vince questioned.

"I know this guy, Aris." Harriet gestured to him. "I trust him."

"Well, I don't. Check 'em."

"Hey, boss..." A man to the side stared at Brenda, who was breathing heavily and almost wheezing.

When she collapsed, I remembered her bite.

"Brenda! Brenda!" Jorge ran to her side, and I looked up at Thomas. "Brenda! Brenda! Brenda, talk to me."

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." She gasped out over her wheezing.

"What's going on with her?" Vince asked, crouching down.

"I don't know. Brenda, are you all right?" Jorge held her. "Brenda? Talk to me."