↣ chapter seven

Came Tuesday and they still haven't talked seriously unless it was for work

Came Tuesday and they still haven't talked seriously unless it was for work. Heejung didn't sweat over it that much, setting it aside as Hangyul didn't show any interest in any direction their supposed talk might have led to. It kind of hurt her though. Because it shows as if he doesn't give as much importance to an agreement. Maybe they weren't that important to him.

They treated each other civil. It was not at all assuring, but it was better than having cold shoulders for each other.

Other than Hangyul forgetting their supposed talk, Heejung had become occupied with work as soon as the producers got more comfortable with each other.

On the first week in the camp, they spent their time familiarizing with each producers' sound and style. Everyone adapted a thing or two from each other, which Heejung was so glad to be a part of. The energy was not that much of a difference to when she was still in university, but everytime the songwriters gather, it's as if the room receives a higher tension.

And it helps pump the pressure and inspiration.

"This is sounding pretty dope, actually." Jiyoon bobbed her head to the beat that resounded from the speakers, her gaze casted on the two big monitors that displayed the very organized track Heejung made.

"I still have to let Sangjun Oppa hear this though. He'll tell if it has any loose thread," Heejung replied, pursing her lips after as she tapped the space bar to pause the track before it hits the second verse.

"Was that your voice?" Jiyoon adjusted her position on the swivel chair, and pulled it closer to the table, eyeing the slight changes the latter was making.

Heejung hummed, refocusing on the screen whilst Jiyoon's brows raised in surprise.

"Heol. No wonder you were an SM trainee."

Heejung lowly chuckled, finding the comment ridiculous.

"I'm so excited for this song. You have to take me as your lyricist. I actually have a few lines in mind already."

Heejung turned to the older. "Why don't we give it a go before I complete it?"

"It's better if Sangjun checks this out first."

The younger crinkled her nose at this, realizing Jiyoon had a point. "You're right. I should finish this up." She pivoted back to the screen and tried out new elements to add for the second verse.

"Do you have any artist in mind to sing this?"

"I do, actually. Since the experimental side of it is a bit prominent, I'm thinking whether Shinee, Red Velvet, EXO or NCT."

"You know SM is all about that experimental stuff."

"True. But this one's not that hardcore. So maybe, Red Velvet? They did 'Peek-A-Boo,' right?"