↣ chapter nineteen

thanks @newworldwonders for your life

"God, it's so traffic!"

"Hangyul."

Flabbergasted, the five stared at the man huffing exhausted breaths as he removes his body bag across his shoulder, and dropped it next to Heejung's work table. He flickered his gaze to her and the guitar she was holding, raising his brows in interest.

"You were playing?" He asked and he sat on the edge of the sofa making the boys instinctively move to let him squeeze in, cramping Sehun in the middle.

Sehun side-eyed the younger lads, until it dawned on Hangyul—his stare turning into a subtle glower. Of course he had to come in the middle of it all, he thought.

"Y-yeah, I was just... playing them one of my songs."

"Damn, how could I miss it?" Hangyul complained in dismay. "Play it again for me?" He pouted.

Sehun's brow cocked in disbelief, silently scorning the other's awful pleading that's supposedly 'cute' in his terms.

Heejung scoffed. "Nah-uh."

"Aw, come on!"

She chuckled whilst placing the guitar down on the floor. "No, Hangyul."

"I'm gonna hear it someday anyway." The latter crossed his arms with a dejected pout.

"Uhh, Noona, we'll go ahead." Jeno stood up from the couch, and the other two members followed. "We still have practice."

"Oh, yeah, sure! I had fun, you guys."

"Me too, Noona," Jisung smiled, which was a test to Heejung to not pinch his cheeks again.

Jeno and Haechan also affirmed of this before finally taking their leave. Clearing her throat to cut the uncomfortable quietness that sat after, Heejung faced back at the desktop. The dimmed-lit room might have caused the shadows resting on the dark tones of her screen to showcase the reflections of the two males behind her doing their singular things, acting as if they don't coexist. She shook her head at this when her gaze glimpsed at the guitar still sitting on the floor.

She rose up from her seat, a yawn surpassing her lips instinctively, picked up the guitar and entered the recording box to return it to where it was previously set. When she turned back towards the door, her eyes caught sight of the two men through the glass—surprisingly enough, Hangyul turned to Sehun and asked him about something. Yet Sehun languidly nodded and didn't turn to him again for the next minute, and after...

She returned to her disposition and cleared her throat, yet again. "Oh, would you look at the time!" She turned on her phone to see the time. "You guys aren't going? It's a bit late."

"Late?" Hangyul raised and checked his wristwatch. "It's 11:07, Hee. It's still early."

She was expecting Sehun to add his sentiment yet no word was uttered.