↣ chapter twelve

Chanyeol has never been more uncomfortable in his life

Chanyeol has never been more uncomfortable in his life. Scratch uncomfortable. He's petrified.

Sat still, eyes going back and forth the tv and the younger male staring straight at him, he shifted in his seat and sucked on his breath.

A cough resounded, or so it appeared, making him flinch and flicker his gaze at Sehun who painted a stoic expression, so unreadable, so lethal it could knock the air out of him untouched.

What's this guy's deal? Is it about the phone? Is he upset about having to go all the way to Gimpo just to get Chanyeol's phone? Does he want something? Why won't he just kill me with words?!

Chanyeol opened his mouth to finally speak when a notification bell rang from his phone. He glanced at it and found Heejung's name as the sender and a nerve-wrecking message on the bottom of the name. He felt the hairs on his arms rise.

Heejungie
we need to talk.

Why does it feel like I'm being cornered? Chanyeol forced a smile as he looked back at Sehun who cocked a brow.

"W-what do you want?" The older choked out the words despite wanting to come off tough and unfaltering. He skimmed the living room and no one was around to save him from what Sehun could possibly do to him any moment now. The door to Minseok's room was just right across him; he's seated on the center couch. He could make a run for it. But Sehun is sat on the left couch which is closer to the door.

I'm trapped. God, just shoot me now.

"Do you want to run?" Sehun asked, and it is so calm that it terrifies Chanyeol even more.

Chanyeol faked a laugh but eventually ended in a cry. "I'm sorry! Whatever I did, I'm sorry!" He moved to sit next to the younger, grazing his hands against each other, pleading to be forgiven for whatever charge it is Sehun has against him.

Sehun sighed, shutting his eyes in distress. "Hyung, stop. It's okay!" He shouldn't have scared him like that. He didn't intend to.

"But you're mad. I'm sorry! I'll do whatever you want, I promise."

"I'm not mad." A half lie. Sehun grabbed the latter's wrist to stop him from doing the hand motions. It was unnecessary.

"Then why are you glaring at me like that?" Chanyeol hiccupped, pouting like a lost puppy.

"Because you didn't tell me something."

"What didn't I tell you..." The older pondered, tracing back the previous events in the last hour, from last night, or yesterday. It can't possibly be the ice cream he finished this morning, Sehun's not that shallow. Or is he?

"I'll just buy you another one." He let out a rough exhale.

Sehun clicked his lips in irritation. His hyung obviously doesn't know what he's saying and what this is about. Chanyeol winced knowing he was mistaken.