↣ chapter ten

An ubiquitous noise thronged the room, the smoke of Korean barbecue wandering through

An ubiquitous noise thronged the room, the smoke of Korean barbecue wandering through. Lighthearted jokes, chatter and laughs. A warm, comfortable sense lingering on every corner.

"Happy birthday, Hyung!" Chen arrived and immediately made his way towards Suho who beamed at him, giving him a brotherly hug. "I got you some home essentials." He handed Suho the paper bag in his hand.

"Home essentials," Suho tittered. "Thanks."

"Yah, Suho Hyung's pretty loaded!" Baekhyun came in after, amazed at the mountain of gifts stored at the corner of the L-shaped sofa. There was a big box which looked like an appliance, other wraps had wines, records, and other things they know Suho is very fond of, inside.

Baekhyun removed his shoes and pattered his feet towards the birthday celebrant, to give him a side hug and his present. It looked rather expensive, to Suho's surprise, as Baekhyun wasn't much to put much effort in gifts.

"What?" Baekhyun stifled a chuckle at the older's disbelieving look. "You don't want it?"

"No, I love it. But are you sure you bought this?"

"What can I say?" A sheepish grin spread across the former's lips. "I got into a little side hustle just to get you that." He winked.

"Lay Hyung said he can't come," Kai announced. "He's busy with some other projects. Ah, you know him."

"Mhm." Suho nodded. "He called me earlier."

"Where's Sehun?" Sat comfortably on the couch as he munched on some appetizer, Minseok pivoted his gaze around to find their youngest absent. "He's late? That's a first."

"Hey." A baritone voice resounded as the door slid open, revealing a towering male.

"Chanyeol-a..." Suho casted his gaze on the younger who handed him his gift. "Thank you. Where's Sehun?"

"He's on his way. He just went and took my phone for me."

"Why? Didn't you bring your phone with you when you left the house?" Kyungsoo perked, curious at the turnout, his hands busy preparing the food for the members with Kai assisting him.

"I did. But I... kinda forgot it at the Song Camp." Chanyeol rubbed his nape, bashful of his clumsiness.

"What?!"

Just then, the door rolled open again.

"Why are you all looking at me like you saw a criminal?"