↣ chapter twenty-one

Heejung was awakened by the ringing of her phone

Heejung was awakened by the ringing of her phone. After spending the night with Myunghui, accompanied by alcohol and funky music blasting through the surround sound system in the house, soon enough, all the unvoiced sentiments melted.

And Heejung, despite being befuddled herself, had to nurse the owner of the house, and the rest of the mess they made. 

She realized she wasn't exactly up in the guest room, but sprawled on the carpet of the living room, inches away from the sofa that could've lessened the sore building on her back.  

She grunted, squinching her eyes from the sunlight through the floor-to-ceiling glass window. Myunghui outdid herself once more. But Heejung noted to do the same for her own house. 

The ringing didn't stop. And so, absentmindedly, she aimlessly searched for her phone. On the carpet. The sofa. The glass table. 

On the glass table. She picked it up, barely read the user, and answered. 

"Hello?"

"Hello? Is this Miss Kim? Kim Heejung?" 

"Yes, who is this?" She stretched her legs and hung it on the couch as a yawn escaped her lips. She made sure to distance the phone from her mouth. Or else the lady on the other line would think she be mad.  

"Good afternoon, Miss Kim. I'm Kang Shinhae from SM Entertainment. I was wondering if you're free this evening around 7pm for a dinner?"

"Kang Shinhae? SM Ent? Excuse me, ma'am. I'm not buying this! Please find someone else to coy."

The lady chuckled. "I apologize if I asked so randomly. I'm from the Management Department. I would like to talk about a... proposition for artist Kim Heejung."

"Artist, you say?" Heejung shot her eyes open, let down her legs that were propped and sat up on the purple, round carpet. "I'm sorry, did I hear that right?" 

"Yes. Are you free 7 'o clock?"

She retracted the phone from her ear and looked for the time and found it was already half an hour before 6. Her senses woke. 

"Yeah—yes! Where are we...?" 

"I'll send you the location. See you, Ms Kim." 

"Okay, yes. Bye." 

"Heejung-a..." 

She snapped at the voice that was calling her from upstairs, and found Myunghui crouching down on the glass railing. "What's wrong with you?" Her brows furrowed. 

"I feel sick." 

"Don't move. I'm going up." As soon as she rose up, and felt her feet plant on the floor, her world unbalance. She huffed, steadying herself. "Easy..." she said to herself.

Then, she ran up and helped Myunghui up, endlessly telling her to not throw up on her or else, she'll leave her there by herself. Thankfully, Myunghui listened. But she didn't exactly adhere.