↣ chapter fourteen

A numbing feeling rested on her bottom—the repercussion of having to sit in a prolonged time intensifying

A numbing feeling rested on her bottom—the repercussion of having to sit in a prolonged time intensifying. From the second the sun rose till the break of dawn, Heejung had been working on the other song SM approved to use for an idol group, as well as editing the finished recordings of the artist her friend Leo is handling.

She's been grinding for days, occupying herself with loads of work. She couldn't even tell where all this serotonin is rooting. But it is obviously not because she wants to get her mind off of something else. Or somebody.

In a hurry, the producer took one last bite of the sandwhich their imo (auntie) made for the team before dashing to the van awaiting her outside. Hangyul leant forward to the wheel to peek through the right window.

"Hurry up!" He said in a hasty manner. Heejung sprinted to the shotgun seat and buckled up.

"Sorry." An apologetic look plastered on her countenance.

"It's okay," he oddly and calmy replied. "We're just gonna be late for like, say, half an hour?" He bored his eyes down on his wristwatch that said 1:37pm.

"What?!" She exclaimed, turning frantic until he spoke again.

"Kidding. Maybe just around 25 minutes."

"Seriously?" She side eyed him, to which he chuckled at, then pulled on a straight face.

"No, I'm serious about the 25 minutes though."

"Then fricking drive, man!"

"Okay, okay! Jeez."

//

Fortunately for the producer, the artist to go record first came late—as he always does, which puzzled her. But here she is, in a recording session, guiding them through the emotions and the delivery of their parts.

"I have a question, Noona." Jaemin said, squishing his cheeks with his hands as he bored down his gaze on the lyrics sheet in front of him.

"Whatty?"

"Do I have to sing it like this... or this...?"

"I think the second one is better."

"Okay, can I take that again please?"

"Sure."

After a few more takes, more of the initiative of the boy, Heejung declared a short break.

"Guys, be ready for the group chorus, alright?" She faced the boys sitting on the couch behind her and they all nodded in response. Jumping up from her seat, she head out to buy something to nibble in the cafeteria.