↣ chapter twenty

Heejung couldn't care less

Heejung couldn't care less. Or so she thought. It's a defense mechanism to believe that you are unbothered of things that make you inferior, or in this case, a mere audience.

Hayeon has her arm linked with Sehun's. It has been like that since they stepped out of the elevator—they could not be any more closer. And could not be interrupted with whatever interesting conversation they're having, forgetting that Heejung is behind them, overseeing everything commencing.

Her brows twitched as she dazed on Hayeon's lips that whispered something incoherent to Sehun's ears. He was shocked at the sudden advance of the girl and slightly backed away but eventually found whatever she said, funny, and chuckled.

Heejung wondered if it was any funnier than the situation she's in.

A scoff. Hangyul turned to the girl walking beside her as they head to the parking lot. He noticed the blank expression she has.

"You good?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm good," Heejung replied without any hesitation making him raise his brows.

"Really?" He rechecked.

"I am good!" she singsang with a huff, and pushed the door, ignoring the couple ahead of her.

Hangyul caught up and went with her. "Hey, you're driving me home," he reminded.

"Yes, chief. I'm responsible for you tonight."

Hangyul laughed whilst she occupied herself in finding her car, clicking her car keys waiting for it to sound.

From the corner of her eyes, she saw Hayeon do the same, leaving Sehun behind with Hangyul as they waited for them.

"Found it," she dryly announced as she bored her gaze on Hangyul who was innocently standing by the doors.

"Hey," Sehun blurted as Heejung was stepping into her car, causing her to halt midway. "What do you think of carpooling?"

She blinked. "Carpooling?"

"Yeah!" He beamed.

She flickered her eyes toward Hangyul who was already looking at her, puzzlement washing his countenance.

She looked back at Sehun who was smiling smugly, which she tremendously questioned how he was able to pull that off knowing he might already be mentally pulling his hair from its roots in embarrassment at the sight of his reddening ears.

She smirked. "But—"

"Sehun!"

The three whipped their heads at Hayeon's direction. Heejung watched as she swiftly slid inside the car, swooping her skirt to avoid any wrinkles in the process, and flicked her brown hair to the side of her shoulder, exposing her long neck.

"Ah," Heejung smiled potently as she pointed at Hayeon's car, her eyes lingering at Sehun. "I'll see you... next time, Sehun."

//