↣ chapter eighteen

An uncomfortable silence bellowed in the studio, hesitant gazes shifting amongst the boys as they were huddled in front of the elevated condenser microphone

"You guys ready?" Heejung asked.

"Y-yes." The boys replied, not meeting Heejung's eyes that were leaning up to look to them through the glass that parted the technical bit from the inside of the recording box.

She easily read the awkwardness they were feeling, and so she cleared her throat, craned her neck behind and raised a brow at the man standing quite intimidatingly behind her, boring his languid orbs on the boys, as if about to pounce on them.

"You could sit down, you know?" Heejung suggested, eyeing the couch waving right beside him.

The room was packed, and everyone—Dream's manager, some A&R staff, and other producers—was very much distracted by Oh Sehun's additional presence with them.

"I want to watch them," he nonchalantly replied.

"What are you, their trainer or something?" She countered.

"Noona, did the music already start? We can't hear anything," Mark suddenly spoke, catching both the elders attention.

"Tsk tsk, did the music already begin, Ms Producer?" Sehun pressed, making her hiss in vexation, secretly slapping him behind, to which he easily dodged whilst amusingly laughing.

"Sorry," Heejung said to the mic, ignoring Sehun's great job in vexing her. "Let's start!"

"Ne!" The boys collectively said.

As Dream was singing in chorus, Heejung could also hear the bubbling whispers at her back from the other people with them. She could only let out a sigh and internally hope that those whispers didn't involve any malicious accusations against her and the man sticking right next to her so unbothered.

Nevertheless, the boys were able to finish the recording smoothly despite feeling small next to Sehun, who quite surprisingly, complimented them a lot when they got out of the recording box.

The staff clapped as they were finally done with the recording of the rest of the song—and for the day.

There are still a few polishing recordings for the following days under the discretion of the producers but, at least they are more than halfway to completion.

Some of the Dream members like Chenle, Jisung and Haechan stayed behind to hangout around the producers whilst they are editing.

The younger males were very active and curious of the life Heejung lived, especially her educational background coming from London. As the young artists they are, they were impotent of unmarveling its product.