↣ chapter nine

Maybe we would have exchanged a few words
A fairytale moment could have occurred

Frantic, Chanyeol rummaged through his bag countless times yet his phone was still nowhere to be found

Frantic, Chanyeol rummaged through his bag countless times yet his phone was still nowhere to be found. He had only realized his phone was not with him when they've already gone to the mall. His manager had rang his phone repeatedly but to no avail.

"Where and when did you last see it?" The manager asked.

"I think it was with Heejung last."

"Do you want to go back? You still have to buy a gift for Suho though."

Frustration painted on the idol's face as he thought of what to do, his eyes looking around the shops that were surrounding him, his mind juggling on what he gift he should get for Suho, as well as to how he could get his phone back.

His manager had his eyes casted on his phone, scrolling through the members' schedule until it dawned on the member who was near the area of the Music Camp.

"If I drive there, it will take me an hour. I still have to report to Junho Sunbae in an hour too." He checked the time on his wristwatch, pursing his lips together. "But Sehun and Hongbin are near the area and his schedule won't finish in half an hour. Maybe he could get it for you."

The idol's face instantly brightened up at the suggestion. "That's right! I'll just ask Sehun."

//

Sehun clicked his lips, boring his gaze outside as the car drove its way up to the steep road leading to the hidden, biggest house in the city that SME had now co-owned.

"This hyung, really... how could he forget his own phone?" He shook his head disapprovingly.

The car stopped in around 5 minutes, and a gate stood before them. Being this was Sehun's first time to be here, he was left in surprise of the place when they were finally let in through.

"As expected of our company..." he gaped at the big house he was seeing through the right side window. "Daebak."

His manager parked the van and turned the engine off, putting off his seatbelt to get out as he craned his neck to the idol.

"I'll be back, okay?"

"Wait. How about I get it, Hyung?"

"No. You might get lost."

The lad waved his hand off at the older with a scoff. "I'll manage. You can just tell me where to go."

His manager furrowed his brows at him. "I'll do it. Just stay here."

"Hyung, please." Sehun worked his charm and formed a pout on his lips. "I want to look around. It's my first time here," he pleaded and dragged his words in fluctuating notes.

Hongbin scratched his under eyes, the time ticking fast in his watch as he thought it through.

"Hyung..." Sehun pressed.

"Fine! Just be quick. You're gonna be late."

"Yey." Sehun made his way out, making sure to wear his face mask, taking his phone with him to take a few photos of the place, a reference he claimed he will use for when he builds his own house.

"You have 10 minutes!"

//

The doorbell rang as Sehun pressed the button, head cannot be put still, gaze tracing every detail of the house in awe as he waited for the door to open.

Finally, someone answered the door. It was a woman who seemed to love black a lot, seeing as she wore the color from head to toe. Puzzled, she stared at him until he bowed in respect.

"Hello. I'm so sorry to disturb you but can I get in? I'm Sehun, by the way." He stretched his hand out for a handshake which the lass reluctantly took, now struck at the masked celebrity's sudden appearance.

"Y-yes, hello. Come in." She opened the door wider to allow him to step in.

"Chanyeol Hyung came here earlier and he forgot his phone. He asked me to get it for him. Do you perhaps know where it is?"

"Oh, yeah! I'll get someone to get it for you. Please, make yourself comfortable." She directed her hand towards the empty couch and Sehun sat down as she left.

He observed the place, appreciated the transparency of the inside to the outside through the wide windows, until his eyes dawned on the group of people sat by the long table just across the living room where he's at.

In the middle of the table was Hangyul which Sehun immediately recognized. His gaze trailed on the woman he talked to earlier, and saw her stride towards the redhead girl at the right side (from his perspective) of the table. The woman then whispered to her ear that caused the latter to crane her neck to the left, making her face fully visible to him.

Sehun froze the second their eyes met.

Heejung...

She had this serious, unfazed look on her face as she nodded at the woman's words before excusing herself from the meeting, leaving the table with careful motions.

Confused, Sehun stared at her as she went to the flight of stairs. Why doesn't she seem shock at all? Can't she recognize me?

The idea upset him, a sense of betrayal washing over his system. It's been years but never did he forget her face. Simultaneously, anxiety crept in at the thought of having to face her. He was not ready. He didn't think this day would even come. Well, maybe he did, but not right now. Not like this!

He flipped his phone out and swiped on the camera to check how he looks, only then realizing that he was wearing a mask the entire time. That explains why she didn't seem shock to see me.

Nevertheless, he fixed his hair, including the stroke of his eyebrows, and was about to remove his mask when the woman from earlier came to him again, causing him to stop on his tracks and flicker his eyes up to her.

"I'm sorry for having you wait. Here's your friend's phone." His eyes bored down on the device in her hands and stared at it long, a gush of disappointment crawling in his system.

"Thank you..." he halfheartedly said.

Standing up, he took the phone from her hands, and bowed again before stepping out of the house, giving one last glance at the redhead girl whose attention was all on the man speaking in the meeting, before finally closing the door behind him, wishing this won't be the last time he will be seeing her.

Which he was very positive of. Because he knows fate isn't all that cruel to him.

double updates hihithank you for the 1k readss 🥹🫶hope you a nice day ahead of youu! <33

double updates hihi
thank you for the 1k readss 🥹🫶
hope you a nice day ahead of youu! <33