Chapter 4.

Yoongi continued to scream at Jin as tears poured down his face. Jin became speechless as Yoongi's words tore apart his heart. Jimin and Hobi were both having painful panic attacks. Namjoon stepped away from the screaming and was on the phone with the police .

"Yes, they're missing. A few hours. We don't know. I'm sorry, I don't know. Yes. Yes. Okay." Namjoon hung up the phone.

"The cops are on their way," Namjoon informed everyone.

Yoongi turned to Namjoon and asked, "What the hell can they even do?!"

"Hyung, please calm down," Jimin begged. He was frustrated with all of Yoongi's yelling. 

"No!" Yoongi screamed. "Because realistically speaking what the hell are the police supposed to do?! It's not like they know where the hell Taehyung and Jungkook went!"

Hobi wiped at his tears. "They will figure something out," he sniffled.

"Oh, I'm sure they will!" Yoongi scoffed.

Jin stood there silent as guilt ripped his heart to shreds. As much as he didn't want to accept the fact that Yoongi blamed him, he was very busy also blaming himself. He wondered if the others also blamed him for their two youngest members disappearing.

"I'm so sorry," Jin whispered. He didn't bother to wipe his tears. He felt as though he deserved to cry. He deserved to feel like this.

Hobi ran to him. "Jin, it's really not your fault." He turned to Yoongi and gave him a dirty look.

The police showed up within a few minutes and began asking a million questions.

"When were they dropped off?"

"When were they supposed to be home?"

"Do they have any enemies who might want to hurt them?"

"Have there been problems at home?"

"I don't mean to be rude, officers," Namjoon started, "But when can you just skip past the questions and get to looking for them?!"

"In 48 hours," one officer replied. All of the members gasped in shock.

"48 hours?! What the hell do you mean 48 hours?! We don't have time for that, they're missing right now!" Jimin cried.

"We cannot file a missing person's report until they've been missing for 48 hours," the officer replied.

"Are you kidding me?! Why not?! Like Jiminie just told you, they're already missing! Why would you not start looking for them as soon as possible?! Their phones are smashed up and they aren't here! Clearly something happened to them! So do something about it, that's your damn job!" Hobi screamed. The members were shocked at Hobi's outburst. They've never seen him so angry, not even during dance practice.

Yoongi walked up to the officer and pointed his finger in the mans face. "Listen here, I don't care what official protocol is! They're missing! It's been hours! So I swear to God if you don't get every force in this damn country out here to find them, I will make your life an absolute living hell! You hear me?! A living hell! Bring the canines out, bring the helicopters out, do whatever the hell you need to do, but get people out here and find them, goddamnit!" Yoongi's anger took control of his body and he pushed the cop backwards. "Just find them!" he screamed through his tears.

Namjoon pulled Yoongi back. "Hyung, stop."

Yoongi shoved Namjoon away from him. "No, Joon! I won't stop! They could be hurt out there, they could be dead for all we know! I'm sick of just standing here doing nothing because these dumbasses won't do their job!"

Hobi was on the ground with his face buried into his knees as he cried. Jin knelt down and rubbed his back. Jimin huddled next to them. They didn't know what to say to Yoongi at this point. They didn't know what to say to the officer either, Yoongi got the point across pretty clearly.

The officer warned Yoongi not to touch him, but then radioed in his walkie talkie to bring back up out.

"We will do all we can," the officer said.

"Thank you," Namjoon replied as he dried his eyes. Yoongi stepped away from everyone to try and control his breathing. He felt bad about mistreating the officer, but he was so scared and desperate to find his two maknae's. He felt like every second that passed was a second wasted.

Soon more cops showed up with an entire force of police dogs, and helicopters flew overhead with their search lights on, scouting out the entire woods. The members had the dogs sniff the headbands and cell phones to pick up their maknae's scents.

The members split up again searching the woods with the police and the dogs, but were having no luck.

Hobi couldn't ignore the downcast look on one of the officers faces. "What? What's wrong?" he asked nervously. "Did you find something?"

"No," the officer replied. "And unfortunately that's the problem. We aren't finding anything."

Hobi sighed as the sadness wrapped itself tighter around his heart. He could feel himself shaking with anxiety. The small spark of hope within him that they'd find their babies was slowly dying out.

Everyone gathered back together after a few hours. It was deep into the night now, practically early morning. Everyone was exhausted and frustrated. An officer informed the members that the canines followed Taehyung's and Jungkook's scent to the road, but then it stopped.

"What does that mean?" Jimin asked.

"It means they aren't in these woods. Even if they were, they aren't anymore. I'm very sorry, we've searched the entire woods all night. They aren't here." The officer stared at them with a blank expression.

"Then where the hell are they?!" Namjoon yelled. "People don't just disappear!"

"Unfortunately, people do sometimes just disappear," the officer said sadly.

"Not those two...not Taehyungie and Jungkookie...not our babies...this isn't supposed to happen to them," Hobi cried.

"So now what do we do?" Yoongi asked sadly.

"We will continue to do what we can, and the best thing for you all to do is go back home, incase they happen to show back up," the officer informed.

"And what if they don't?" Jin cried.

"Then I am sorry." The officer left it at that and called all of his backup together, telling them the search operation for the woods was being shut down.

The members dropped to their knees and hugged eachother crying. Everything felt hopeless right now. They felt defeated. They didn't know it was possible to experience this kind of fear and heartbreak.

Jin dropped his body into the dirt and buried his face into his sleeves as he screamed and cried the loudest. No matter what anyone said to defend him, he knew the guilt would never go away. He looked back up at his members.

"I am so, so sorry."