Chapter 23.

The platform wasn't set on fire the way it normally was. Usually, the people up there were immediately set on fire right at their feet.

But The Master wanted Taehyung and Jungkook to suffer in terror first, so he had the ends of the platform set on fire so that the fire could slowly make its way towards them while they panicked. And that's exactly what they did. They both turned to eachother and screamed as they were trapped up there because their shackles were hooked to the floor.

Taehyung had thought he had given up and accepted the fact they were going to die, but as soon as he saw black smoke rising and Jungkook crying and screaming he instantly realized he didn't want things to end like this, but there was still nothing he could do but cry and scream too.

"I'm so sorry!" Taehyung screamed. Jungkook was trying to free himself from his chains but he couldn't.

"Ow Taehyungie it's hot! It's hot!" Jungkook cried through endless tears. The fire was getting closer and he started to cough. As it sunk in for the maknae that there was no escaping this literal hell, he couldn't handle it anymore. He dropped unconscious to the floor.

"No! Kook! No! No!" Taehyung screamed and tried prying himself free, but to no use. "Save him! If you want me to die up here then fine but someone please save him! Not my baby! Not-" Taehyung fell into a coughing fit. The smoke he was inhaling was physically burning his lungs and it was getting too hard to breathe. This is it. This is the end of it.

He couldn't take his eyes of Jungkook's motionless body. To make it worse he couldn't reach his maknae either. They were too far apart. He wanted so badly to go and hold him and tell him everything was going to be okay, that hyung was here and would be here until the end. As he cried, he heard people cheering and shouting.

But he heard something else too.

Something extremely familiar.

He looked out past the crowd to see a group of the people in the woods running towards him. He was confused because he knew those people never left the woods, so what the hell were they doing?

He suddenly felt like he was in some kind of dizzy dream state because the closer this group of men got, the more and more they looked like his hyungs. And then he heard them screaming and the crowd turning towards them. He figured the smoke and fire and everything was getting to him and this must be him dying.

Even here, as I die, the last people I see in my mind are my hyungs?

Even their screaming sounded like them. And as they got closer, Taehyung felt as though he had entered a dissociative state because he realized the men running towards him were his hyungs.

He frantically looked between them and Jungkook. Then he turned back to them and screamed for help.

The members were screaming for everyone to get out of their way as they ran towards their maknae's and the burning platform. They saw Jungkook collapse and they saw Taehyung trying to escape as he panicked, but getting nowhere.

"We're coming! We're coming! Taehyungie we're here!"Jimin screamed. People in the crowd realized that the members were people trying to save Jungkook and Taehyung, and they started protesting and trying to fight. Yoongi, remembering they all had guns, pulled his out and shot it into the air, making everyone fall back in fear because of the sudden loud noise. It echoed throughout the entire forest.

"Help!" Taehyung screamed again. The fire was almost at his feet and he was trying to back away from it but couldn't. He saw the fire getting closer to his maknae too. "HELP!" he screamed louder.