Chapter 11.

After having all fallen asleep, the hyungs woke up a little later in the morning. As exhausted as they were, even the unconsciousness of slumber couldn't protect them from their waking nightmare for very long.

The first thing Namjoon did when he got up was contact the policeman they'd been working with.

"Anything yet? Please tell me you have something," Namjoon asked over the phone.

"I'm sorry, but so far we have no leads."

Namjoon sighed in frustration. Why the hell is this so hard?

The rest of the members joined him in the kitchen, the kitchen where Taehyung and Jungkook used to play around with Jimin and get in everyone's way while the hyungs made breakfast.

Today, nobody was hungry.

Yoongi and Jin looked at eachother silently, and then Yoongi rolled his eyes at his hyung in annoyance even though the older hadn't said anything. The hostility Jin was getting from the rapper was breaking his heart more and more, but he couldn't even blame Yoongi for blaming him, because he also blamed himself.

"How do they have nothing?" Jimin asked, his chest filling with anger.

"It means they haven't found anything," Yoongi scoffed.

Jimin shot him an annoyed look. "I know what having nothing means, hyung." He remembered the emptiness he felt every time he saw Jungkook and Taehyung missing from their bedroom. And I know how it feels to have nothing, too.

"So what are we supposed to do?" Hobi asked. 

"He just keeps saying to let them handle it," Namjoon frowned. He knew that legally it was what he was supposed to do, but emotionally, he wanted to do everything and anything he could to get Jungkook and Taehyung back.

"They aren't exactly doing a great job," Jin replied.

"You're one to talk," Yoongi scoffed at Jin. Great job you did letting them go to that carnival, hyung.

Namjoon's chest bubbled up with frustration, "Yoongi hyung, being an ass to Jin isn't going to bring them back. Stop it."

Jin sat silently. He was too sad to really defend himself. What is the point?

Everyone expected Yoongi to make some other rude remark, but they were surprised when he didn't. He simply folded his arms and glared angrily at his hyung, and when Jin went to look back at him, the rapper quickly averted eye contact.

"Have they asked the public?" Hobi asked. "Have they found people from the carnival and asked if they'd seen the two? I mean what are they even doing? It's not like our maknae's were invisible that night!" Hobi's eyes started welling up with tears again.

"I don't know," Namjoon said. "I don't know what they're doing."

"Well can you find out?" Hobi asked impatiently.

"I only know what the police are willing to tell us," Namjoon replied.

Jimin's chest continued to fill with frustration. Namjoon was their leader, and although he knew Namjoon couldn't do everything, the desperation in him to find his two little brothers was so intense that he couldn't help but get angry at Namjoon for not doing or saying more to get better information from the police.

"So get them to tell you more!" Jimin screamed as he stood up. The anger overtook him.

"What?" Namjoon asked surprised at Jimin's outburst.

"They have to know more than they're telling us! They always do! Cops always know more! Can't you do something to get more information?!" Jimin walked up to Namjoon and pushed him harshly, "You're our leader. You're our maknae's leader. So fuckin be the leader and do something!"

Before anyone could say anything Jimin ended up sobbing and running back into his room, slamming the door behind him and locking it.

The rest of the hyungs stood there in shock. Namjoon had started crying. He really didn't know what Jimin expected him to do but he felt shitty anyway. He was the leader of the band, not the leader of the damn police department. Right now he felt like his entire existence was pointless.

Nobody else felt like talking to eachother or hanging out with eachother. Everyone split up to go keep to themselves. Everyone was too depressed and too angry. The family unit had been broken, so what was the point in forcing themselves to act like one? Everyone felt empty and hollow. Like their hearts had been carved out and replaced with nothing but two empty holes. One for Taehyung, and one for Jungkook.

So many questions. Are they hurt? Scared? Are they together? Separated? Are they hungry? Tired? Cold? Warm? Sick? Alive? Dead?

Zero answers.

While everyone was separated and sulking, Jin and Yoongi happened to run in to eachother in the kitchen as they had both entered to get some water. The amount of tears they'd been crying was dehydrating. At first the two didn't speak to eachother, but when Yoongi pushed Jin out of the way to grab a water, the oldest couldn't take it anymore.

He had enough.

Jin shoved Yoongi right back.

"Fuck off," Yoongi spat.

"How long are you going to sit around and be an ass? You don't think I feel shitty enough already?" Jin felt his face and ears already turning red with anger.

"No, no I don't think you do," Yoongi replied as he narrowed his eyes at his hyung.

"What do you mean you don't think I do?!" Jin yelled. "You think this is easy for me?! You think it's easy for me knowing I'm the one who let them go to the damn carnival?! You think I don't blame myself every second that passes?! I don't need you walking around constantly reminding me that I've failed them!"

Yoongi stared at his hyung with tears slowly trickling down his cheeks but didn't reply. Jin kept going.

"Every time you look at me I feel the flame of blame behind your eyes and believe it or not Yoongi, I really really don't need your constant input every five damn seconds!"

"Jin," Yoongi whispered.

Jin ignored Yoongi and kept screaming. "I realize they're missing! I realize they could be hurt or dead or who the hell knows what and I can only hope to heaven that they're okay but if they're not? If they're not, then how am I supposed to live with that? You really think I can live with that? I can barely live with myself right now without you having to act like a complete asshole!"

"Jin," Yoongi whispered louder. The tears were now spilling out.

Jin was also a sobbing mess now as he still couldn't stop pouring his heart out. "I love them too Yoongi! I miss them too! I would kill to find them, and I would kill whoever it was that might have them! We're all scared! We're all hurting! So I don't know why you're making it your damn duty to remind me every chance you get that I've failed to protect them!"

"Because!" Yoongi finally screamed. He couldn't hold it in anymore. He started to hyperventilate. "Because I thought it would make it hurt less! But it doesn't! I thought if I could blame anyone else in the world it would make me feel better, but it doesn't and I'm sorry!"

"What the hell are you talking about?" Jin asked confused. He didn't understand what Yoongi was trying to say.

Yoongi completely broke down.

"I don't blame you, hyung. I blame me."

I'll Protect You, Maknae||TaeKook FF ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें