Chapter 25.

"Found what?" Hobi asked the cop.

"This stupid colony thing you guys keep talking about. Some people from my team found it!" The cop was angry and stressed. "I have to go. But this conversation isn't over!" He turned and stormed out of the hospital. The other officers asked a few more questions and then departed as well.

Now it was just the members left alone in the waiting room. They weren't sure how to react to the news that the police had actually found the place in the woods. They were in shock. They knew they'd have to deal with more of that later, but right now they were more concerned with their maknae's.

Jin started screaming with madness. He was angry. Angry that nobody had listened sooner. He thought Taehyung and Jungkook would have been spared if they had gotten to them sooner, or if the police had bothered to ever actually help in the first place.

Namjoon felt a bit offended at Jin's outburst. "Please don't blame us."

"No, no. I'm not blaming any of you. At least you guys listened. You were willing to try and it worked. I'm angry at the police. Why bother having a police force if they won't even do their jobs?" Jin decided screaming in the waiting room wasn't doing anyone any good, so he bit his tongue and took deep breaths in order to calm down.

Jimin wasn't so good at holding his anxiety in. No doctors had said anything to them about the condition the two youngest were in since they got to the hospital. He ran into the hallway. "Anyone?! Hello?! Can someone please tell us what the hell is going on with Taehyung and Jungkook?!"

A doctor came over and told Jimin to get back inside the waiting room.

The singer crossed his arms. "No. Not until someone tells me what the hell is going on with them! We need to know! We need updates! Second by second updates!"

The doctor sighed and called another doctor over, one who had actually seen Taehyung and Jungkook when they had arrived. He guided Jimin back inside the waiting room where the rest of the members were impatiently waiting for any kind of news.

"So? How are they? Are they okay? Well I mean I know they're not okay right now but will they be okay? Taehyung was coughing up weird stuff and-" Yoongi was rambling and the doctor put his hand up to stop him.

"Please, everyone sit." The doctor gestured for the members to take a seat so they weren't all crowding around him.

The members looked at eachother nervously as they all gathered up next to eachother in the chairs. They knew being told to sit meant they were most likely going to get not so great news. They were all crying before the doctor even gave them any information.

The doctor was holding a clipboard with a stack of papers clipped to it. "I know you are all wondering so the first thing I will start with is no, neither one of them have woken up yet."

"Do you know when they will?" Hobi asked.

"I can't answer that. The best I have is that I don't know. But with Taehyung..." The doctor paused. "It may be a matter of if, not when."

The members started shouting with panic. "If?! What do you mean if?!"Namjoon screamed, "You're saying Taehyung might never wake up?!"

"I'm sorry," the doctor said. "My team is doing everything they can to save him right now but after examination, it appears his body may have taken on more than it can handle or recover from."

The members cries could be heard from various hallways of the hospital. "Well tell your team to save him!" Jin screamed. "We're in a hospital, you have all the equipment you need to help him so do it!"

"Like I said, we are doing all we can," the doctor replied.

"Well do more!" Jimin cried. "We can't lost him. We can't lose..." Jimin turned to Hobi and sobbed into his hyungs shoulder. "He can't die. All of what we did couldn't have been for nothing. Not Taehyungie..."

The doctor got started on listing all of the injuries and trauma they found on Taehyung. The list was extensive. He had broken ribs, and lung damage from inhaling too much smoke. His lungs actually had burn marks on them.He had a bad concussion. He needed stitches on various gashes on his body, but that was after they had to clean out multiple wounds for being infected. He had a dislocated shoulder and a fractured wrist. The members felt sick to their stomachs knowing the true extent of Taehyung's injuries.

The doctor also mentioned something being wrong with Taehyung's heart. It wasn't functioning as strongly as it was supposed to. It was giving out, although they couldn't find what was actually physically wrong with. "It's just not pumping blood like it should be," the doctor said.

"So it's broken, but you don't know why?" Yoongi asked angrily.

The doctor nodded. "As of the moment, that seems to be the case."

"So how do you help him?" Hobi asked.

"We are still working on that."

Namjoon ran his fingers through his hair with frustration. "Please don't let him die."

"We're doing all we can," the doctor said sympathetically. "I promise to take every single measure possible to save him."

Through countless tears Jin stared at the doctor, "And what about...what about Jungkook?" Jin already knew if he got the same bad news about not just Taehyung, but Jungkook too, he may as well just drop dead himself.

"About Jungkook," the doctor started, "Although his injuries are extensive too, they don't seem to compare to Taehyung's. Physically speaking, he isn't as hurt as Taehyung is."

The members thought that would make them feel better, but it didn't. Their hearts were still broken for both of them.

The doctor got started on Jungkook's injuries. He had inhaled a lot of smoke too, but his lungs were already on the mend. He hadn't inhaled as much as Taehyung had. He had a lot of bruises and cuts, some needing stitches, but to a lesser extent. Some of his cuts were also infected. He had a few broken fingers and a sprained wrist. Aside from that, the doctor couldn't seem to find anything else wrong.

The floor of the waiting room was drenched with all of the members tears.

"Our poor little babies..." Yoongi whispered to himself, but loudly enough for everyone to hear him. Namjoon pulled Yoongi into a hug and held him as he looked back at the doctor. "What do we do?"

"All you can do. Which is wait and be here for them when they wake up," the doctor said.

Jimin sniffled. "You mean if Taehyung even does."

"Yes, I'm sorry. If."

Jimin dropped to the floor and curled up into a ball, screaming into his knees. Hobi dropped down with him and held him. The doctor left after telling them he'd be back as soon as he knew more or if anything with either of their conditions change.

The members didn't have words for eachother. Only tears. They were all terrified. Their hearts were heavy and broken. Yoongi had gone to the trash can multiple times to throw up. It was hard to breathe through all the crying.

Time stood still. In their silent waiting Jin kept wondering what was happening with the police and all of the people in the woods they found. He figured that'd all come to light eventually and he needed to focus on where he was at and who he was with.

After countless hours of no news, the doctor came back. The members didn't jump to their feet. They were huddled together on the ground hugging, and they didn't move. Their hearts sank with fear. They figured so far no news was good news, but now that there was news, they were mortified to know what the news was.

They stared at the doctor, frozen in place. Nobody said a word, so the doctor spoke up first.

The doctor smiled.

"Taehyung is awake."