Chapter 8.

Jungkook came running out of the woods screaming and covered in blood. 

"Help! Help!" He screamed. Taehyung was right there to catch him in his arms.

"What happened?! What happened to you?!" Taehyung asked in a panic as he frantically inspected Jungkook for injuries. "Are you hurt?! What happened?! Is this your blood?!"

Jungkook was a hyperventilating, sobbing mess in Taehyung's arms.

"No it's Kin-Kin-s-so...they shot him. He's dead!" Jungkook was in a state of shock. He felt Kin-so get hit with the bullet as the two dropped to the ground. He felt the mans grip go limp around him before getting up and running back to the camp.

Taehyung held Jungkook's face to his chest as he let the boy cry. "It's okay. Shh. Hyungs got you. Come on." Taehyung guided Jungkook to the tent he'd been in. He looked around and screamed at everyone for being of no help, but nobody in the camp payed them any mind.

Jungkook dropped to the ground of the tent as Taehyung continued to hold him and offer comfort.

"Why did he have you?" Taehyung asked.

"As a sh-shield. To take the b-bullet," Jungkook sniffled. Taehyung was angry.

"He tried using you to escape?!" Taehyung screamed. Jungkook nodded.

"Then he deserves to be dead! Oh thank God it wasn't you!" Taehyung cried and hugged Jungkook tighter. He realized he had come way too close to almost losing his maknae. Any trace of anger he had towards Jungkook regarding their earlier conversation had completely melted away.

He kissed Jungkook's forhead. "I love you. I love you so much." He could feel Jungkook trembling uncontrollably in his arms as he was still gasping for breath.

"Y-you're not s-still angry with me?" Jungkook asked.

"No, no. Of course not. I'm so sorry. I'm not angry. I love you too much to be angry."

"I love you too hyung." The hurt in Jungkook's heart eased up a bit . At least knowing his hyung wasn't angry with him brought him some comfort.

Jungkook eventually succumbed to his exhaustion and passed out in Taehyung's arms. Taehyung wasn't far behind as he ended up falling asleep too. It seemed like not even an hour had went by before the captain had come into their tent screaming that it was time for them to get a move on it. The captain grabbed both of them and pulled them to their feet, immediately putting them both in handcuffs.

"Handcuffs again? Really? Where would we even try to go? You really think we'll run away knowing we'd get shot?" Taehyung spat. The captain smacked Taehyung right across the face as the singer winced and tried to not act defeated, although the smack had hurt pretty badly.

"Hey!" Jungkook cried. The captain pulled them out of the tent and soon the entire camp full of men was marching along the trail through the woods.

They were moving for hours. The singers legs were killing them and part of them almost rather have just dropped dead. Suddenly they got to the top of a hill and looked down to see a small village surrounded by woods.

"Ah yes! We're here!" The captain said excitedly.

"Where?" Jungkook asked confused.

"Your new home!" The captain replied. Taehyung and Jungkook looked around. There were small farm houses with fields, shops, dirt roads. They felt like they were looking back in time hundreds of years. They even saw horse drawn carriages.

Taehyung turned and whispered to Jungkook. "What the hell is this? Some kind of un-contacted tribe?"

Jungkook gestured for his hyung to be quiet before he got himself smacked again.  They were pushed along the path down into the village and immediately taken into a small court yard. There was a crowd of people gathered around and without delay the captain had men stepping up onto a wooden platform and was offering them to the highest bidders.

"No..." Jungkook whispered as he backed up against Taehyung. "That's going to be us! I don't want to be sold! I can't be a slave! I'm not even good at listening to hyungs, how am I supposed to listen to someone else?! And what the hell kind of person buys people?!" Panic was shooting through Jungkook left and right. So many disgusting and scary thoughts were running through his head and he felt sick.

Taehyung was just as nervous. "I don't know." He also realized Jungkook could be a really bad listener. How the hell was his maknae supposed to survive this? As long as Taehyung was there to protect him he was sure the maknae would be okay.

But then the thought hit Taehyung.

As long as I am there.

...What if I'm not?!

What if we're separated?!

Just as the thought hit him, Jungkook was grabbed by the captain.

"Wait! No! You can't have him! You can't have him!" Taehyung screamed as he ran after them.

"Get off me! Let go!" Jungkook cried and tried to squirm out of the captains grip but he was pushed up onto the wooden block regardless of his efforts. People immediately started offering large amounts of payment for the boy. Jungkook panicked as he looked at Taehyung crying. "Hyung, help! Please! I don't want to be sold! I want to go home!" he pleaded.

"You can't do this!" Taehyung screamed at everyone in the crowd as he kept fighting his way towards Jungkook. It was hard to hear his own voice over everyone desperately trying to buy his best friend. It was hard moving while still being handcuffed. "You can't take him! This is illegal! You can't do this! What the hell kind of uncivilized society is this!? We have laws, and slavery is illegal! So get him down from there and give him back!" Taehyung cried. He was desperate to save his maknae. He couldn't imagine what he'd do if they got separated and lost eachother. When he saw that people were still making bids on his baby brother he tried coming up with other things that would deter people from wanting him.

"You don't want him! Trust me! He's a bad listener! He's a...a bad...um...he's a bad worker and really lazy! He will just get in your way!" Taehyung screamed. Jungkook nodded in agreement with Taehyung towards the crowd, "What he said! You don't want me!"

Suddenly a middle aged man stepped forward and immediately offered the highest amount of payment offered throughout the entire ordeal. The crowd went completely silent, in awe of the gesture. Even Jungkook and Taehyung went silent. Neither of them understood why someone would offer so much damn money.

"You're Korea's golden boy, are you not?" the man who was bidding on him asked. Jungkook didn't understand the question.

"What?" Jungkook asked confused.

Taehyung caught on. Oh my God. Golden boy. Golden Maknae. Is that why they're trying to sell him for so much money?!

"You have the wrong kid!" Taehyung screamed, lying. The captain screamed at Taehyung telling him to shut up and turned back to the bidder insuring that he did in fact have Jungkook. It was the right kid.

The captain asked for any higher offers and nobody challenged it. The middle aged man officially bought Jungkook and immediately went up and grabbed him, pulling him off the wooden block.

"No! Let me go!" Jungkook started screaming for Taehyung. They were officially being separated and the maknae was absolutely terrified. There was no way he could handle losing Taehyung. Taehyung started screaming and tried fighting his way after Jungkook. The captain got so fed up with Taehyung that he grabbed him and dragged him to the man and Jungkook. He pushed Taehyung right into the man.

"Two for one?" the captain said. "I am so sick of this one. Please just take him too. He's on the house." The captain spit in Taehyung's face. "Nobody will bid a damn penny for this pain in the ass anyway."

Taehyung and Jungkook desperately hoped that the man would take Taehyung too. For free, even!

The man grabbed Taehyung. "Two for the price of one? Absolutely."

The two singers tried to hide their sighs of relief. Although this was the worst possible situation they could ever be in, they were just happy to at least still be in it together.