Chapter 30.

The next day was tough for everyone.

The police finally showed up to the members dorm and said they couldn't wait any longer, there was too much going on at once and they needed to hear what Taehyung and Jungkook knew about the place they'd been taken. They were all gathered in the kitchen and the hyungs had the two youngest wrapped in their arms as they were forced to speak to the police about things.

The police asked how they were taken, if they knew anyone else in the colony, and more questions. Jungkook and Taehyung felt like they were repeating everything they'd already told the hyungs the previous day.

"We need you to come down to the station and identify people," the cop told them. Jungkook and Taehyung froze with panic at the thought of having to see anyone even remotely affiliated with that torture and trauma.

"N-no," Jungkook said with a shaky voice.

"No? It's protocol. You have to identify who you recognize and who was involved. You have to tell us exactly who hurt you. It's been months," the cop replied.

Taehyung dropped his face into his hands and started crying.

"Is there any other way?" Hobi asked. "Seeing anyone else who was involved is only going to make things worse. Can they see pictures or a video or something? At least so they don't have to see them face to face?"

The cop said no. "We need them to go to the station and physically report on who. There will be a double sided glass window where they will see people, but the people won't see them."

Taehyung started having a panic attack and then Jungkook started to cry too.

"That's not going to work. Look at them. Just the thought of having to do that is scaring the hell out of them." Namjoon's tone was aggressive. "You seriously can't figure something else out?"

"No."

The hyungs sighed. This was a battle they weren't going to win.

"Can we at least go with them?" Jimin asked. The cop said that was fine.

"When do they have to do it?" Jin asked.

"Now."

"Now?!" the hyungs yelled in unison. Taehyung and Jungkook tensed up as they held eachother in a hug and shook their heads no.

"What if they just don't go? It's not like you can really force them to, it's not like you can pick them up and bring them yourselves," Yoongi said.

The cop explained that it'd be a criminal offense to hold back information in that manner, and that Jungkook and Taehyung would face jail time for not cooperating with a police investigation.

"That's bullshit!" Hobi screamed. "They're the victims here! You can't threaten that!"

"It's the law."

"It's also the law to protect people and fucking look for them when they go missing!" Hobi pointed his finger into the cop's chest. "Which is something you and your bullshit police department never bothered to do!"

"That actually brings up another point, how did you all know about this colony? How did you all know where it was and what was happening there?" The cop asked with suspicion in his voice.

"Oh here we go." Yoongi waved his arms in disbelief. "You've probably known about it this whole damn time and just didn't want to bother with it so I bet you've all been pretending not to know. Well guess what, secrets out, buddy!"

The cop rolled his eyes and said they needed to get going to the station. The hyungs tried to coax Taehyung and Jungkook to the car but the two were too terrified to let go of eachother or move.