16.

Amara

I wake up and I am instantly annoyed, knowing what day it is.

My birthday.

Amazing.

No one is even going to know it's my birthday, so why should I even bother thinking about the fact that I'm eighteen today?

I always used to love my birthday when I was younger, I would get so excited I could never sleep the night before, dying to know what my parents were going to get me.

Until they left, every birthday I had with them was phenomenal. We didn't have any family around us, so my parents always invited their friends along with their kids, and I would have the most amazing time playing with them cause they were all my age.

Growing up we didn't have a lot of money, so my parents were never able to buy me gifts or a cake.

A few weeks after they left it was my ninth birthday, and I somehow had hoped that they would show up on that day and take me back home with them, but they never did.

From that moment on, I decided to never celebrate my birthday again, because of the disappointment it gave me that single year.

Patrick did always try his best the first three years, making pancakes for breakfast and taking me out to dinner at my favourite diner.

It wasn't much, but it was something.

Even though I'm turning eighteen today, which I expected would be the most amazing day of my life cause I would be legal and all that, it's really not.

And it's not because I'm here, because no matter how much rather I would want to be at home, being here does make me feel different. Obviously, my whole life has turned upside down in the past two and a half months, but this place makes me feel different.

At first, I was so angry at these random guys that took me to their home and kidnapped me, because all I wanted to do was just go back home to the trailer park.

But now, I feel like I should be more thankful. sure, they kidnapped me. But they helped me with my leg and they take care of me better than Patrick or my parents have ever done. So in some weird and probably twisted way, I feel better here than I have ever felt anywhere else.

But today its just not a day that I look forward to. I would honestly just read in the library all day and play with Blue than do anything else.

Suddenly someone knocks on my bedroom door. I look over to the bedside table and look at the time. Then, I look at myself and see that I'm barely covered in any clothes.

I quickly grab my long pajama pants from my stool, causing something to fall as I pick it up. Stupid Amara.

"Amara, are you awake?" I hear someone yell from behind the door, I think it's Lucifer. It sounds like Lucifer.

"Just a second!" I yell back at whoever is standing at my door. I grab an oversized t-shirt causing something else to fall. So clumsy.

I walk over to the door and open it, seeing everyone stand in the hallway I'm front of my door. They all look at me sort of weirdly, I don't know.

"Go sit on the bed for a second, Amara." Lucifer says as he spins me back around before pushing me towards my bed, causing me to sit on my bed against one of my pillows. I hear other footsteps coming into my room.

Lucifer sits close to me, towards the end of the bed as Xerxes joins him. Seth sits across from me, on the chair behind my desk while Aeron and Valerius stand against my bathroom door.