17.

Amara

After my encounter with Aeron, I went to Valerius's office, who was surprisingly okay with me being there.

He was painting again, and I was so excited that he was because he's so good at it. He told me that he painted the big beautiful painting in the hall downstairs, which I'd been wondering about since I found out he painted.

He was painting Blue, and oh my god she actually looked real! I watched him paint how like an hour.

An hour in which we surprisingly talked quite a lot to me, much more than usual. He was acting kind of happy, which honestly made me even happier.

Valerius has never been nice to me before, but I'm actually happy that he was today since it's my birthday. I kind of thought he didn't care about my birthday and that he wanted nothing to do with it.

So we had been talking on and on about random stuff for an hour while he painted and I watched him. It was so weird to see him so calm like that, I never thought he was.

And the way Valerius talks is so funny sometimes. His British accent is to die for, I wish I had a cool accent like that, but it's so funny how he says certain words.

When he said "Bloody fucking paint." I tried my best to hold in my laughter. It just sounds so funny. I think if I were in a room with five British people, I could not act serious for even a second.

So I laughed at him quite a lot, which caused a small grin on his lips. I'd only ever seen Valerius incredibly angry, so when that angry expression was wiped off his face for a second, I got extremely happy.

Nothing can ruin my day now.

After visiting Valerius I went back to the kitchen to eat my birthday cake with Enzo. We watched Harry Potter and the goblet of fire, one of my personal favourites. Halfway through the film, Seth and Valerius joined us, which really caught me by surprise.

I remember the last time I was watching Harry Potter, Seth got so angry at me for watching something so 'childish' that if I watched it again he wouldn't even let me use the TV anymore.

I assume, since it's my birthday, he's letting it slide for now. But I feel if it wasn't my birthday, he would still be okay with it. He's accepting me more, I think, which works out pretty great for me.

Now, hours later, still on the couch with Valerius, Seth and Enzo, we're watching friends, we have been watching it for the past two hours.

I like this. I like feeling like this. I feel good, happy and comfortable. I feel very comfortable as my head rests on the couch arm and my feet are in Seth's lap.

I don't even know how I came here, it sort of just happened. But I don't mind laying down like this at all, I feel very comfortable at the moment.

After the eighth episode, we watched finishes, Enzo gets up from the couch, sitting in the corner of it right next to Seth.

It's one of those corner sofa slash couch things, which is very comfortable, but I've barely ever seen any of them sit on it.

"Where are you going?" I ask him as I sit op, my head leaving the couch arm while my feet remain in Seth's lap.

"I have a very delicious dinner to prepare for you." He says as my face immediately lits up, wanting to help. "And no, you cannot help, because it's your birthday." He says before he walks away.

I lay back, in the same position I was previously in. Seth clicks on the remote, going to the next episode.

Friends and Harry Potter are the only things I've ever watched since I was a child. It was the first thing Patrick ever showed me.