22.

Amara

I wake up at early noon, which is very late for me.

The window in my room is slightly opened, causing a cold breeze to find its way into my bedroom, goosebumps appear on my body as I pull the covers further over me.

I close my eyes, the ray of sun hurting them as I turn around, my back towards the window as I yawn.

After laying in bed a few more minutes before standing up, pulling an oversized sweater out of my closet, over my pyjamas.

It's Wednesday, but I don't have school the rest of the week. I only had classes Monday and yesterday, giving me free time the rest of the week which has been something I've been waiting for, even though I do have to work on school.

It hasn't been weird with me and the guys, any of them. I assume they know, due to the smirk they had on their faces when I came downstairs from my bath last week.

I definitely expected it to be at least a little weird, but I'm really glad it isn't because it would have made me feel incredibly awkward.

I've also been feeling closer to all of them, especially Enzo and Valerius since last week, they somehow feel so much more trustworthy to me now.

I grab my phone, and open TikTok as I walk down the stairs, but halfway through I trip, being too distracted by my phone to see where I place my feet.

But I don't fall. Instead, two strong arms catch me to end the end of the stairs and hear my phone fall on the floor.

I look up, seeing Xerxes's pretty face, a concerned look plastered over it, along with a frown, making a line between his eyebrows.

"Smile." I say to him as I stand on my own, his arms leaving me before I pick up my phone which lays on the floor behind him.

It's not broken, at all. Cool.

"You really should be more careful, baby." He says, grabbing my hand before leading me to the dining room. "We've been waiting for you. You never sleep in this late." He says before placing me on my usual seat. Not everyone is here, Valerius and Seth are gone. So is Enzo, but he might be in the kitchen.

"Good morning- afternoon." I chuckle, taking the men's attention from their laptops, all closing them as they see me.

"Morning. Slept well?" Lucifer asks me, taking his cute glasses off before placing them on the table. As he's across from me, it's easy for me to grab them and I do.

I put on his glasses and I immediately feel dizzy because of it.

"How do you even see through this thing? It's so blurry." I say, standing up, into the kitchen, and Enzo's here again.

"How'd you like my new look? Sexy, right?" I state, knowing it probably looks ugly on me, but I know he won't tell me that.

"Hm, very. You look incredible, though I prefer you without them, shows me your beautiful eyes better." He says and I immediately blush. Damn you. "Breakfast?" He asks me, getting ready to make me something.

"No thanks. I'm not hungry."

"You have to eat something. You've missed breakfast and lunchtime, Amara." He says in a concerned tone, along with a concerned expression on his face.

"And I won't skip dinner. I'm just not hungry, promise I will eat twice as much at dinner." I smile at him, placing a soft kiss on his lips before leaving the kitchen.

"Not really my preference, but I see why you like them." I say, walking over to lucifer as I give him back.

He looks up at me for a second, his beautiful eyes staring into mine. I'm quick to place a kiss on his lips before I leave the room.