Pt 2 - Look Away

The bell rang for lunchtime and I slowly helped the chick, Hee-Su, out the class room by holding her hand. She kept groaning in pain.

"Let's take a detour to the science room. I stole some painkillers earlier and their in my bag." I said. She nodded and followed behind me.

...

"And here you go!" I said and handed her my bottle of stolen pills. "Thank you." She said and dry swallows it, making me cringe and look away.

I heard a small knock behind me. I turned around to see a small white mouse inside of a glass container on the floor. I gasped and crouched down.

"Aww! Aren't you precious!" I said and stuck my finger in the glass. The rodent started making weird noises and ran towards my finger. I smiled and pulled my finger out before anything could happen. I looked around and saw a smaller container with thicker glass. Breathing holes too!

"L/n don't tell me your stealing that poor thing." Hee-Su asked. "Me steal? Never!" I said and dramatically clutched my chest.

"I'm just gonna rehome the little guy." I said and gave her a small smile. I quickly dumped the rodent into the smaller box and shut it. I placed him in my bag and stood up.

"Ready for some lunch?" I asked with a smile. She simply nodded and said, "Your ridiculous." I took her hand and helped her to the lunchroom.

...

I sat with Hee-Su in the cafeteria and she kept laughing at my jokes. She's apparently had the baby for almost nine months. The little buggers gonna pop out any day now.

"L/n-" she said before I cut in. "Just call me y/n, I hate hearing my family's last name." I groaned and took a bite of food.

"So, y/n, why are you alone all the time. I've heard your crazy and stuff, but I'm talking to you now and your super kind." She smiled.

My eyes went wide and I started to choke on some rice. "Well, uh, you don't beat around the bush do you." I said as I coughed it up into my pile of rice. I shrugged and continued to eat my rice.

"I guess some of the things they say are true to an extent. Im not a "feelings person" and kind to come off as cold. Im also a hot-head with violent tendencies. I'm just less of a prick compared to Myeong-hwan. I'm just, well, not good with people." I laughed nervously.

I hope she doesn't think I'm a weirdo...

Hee-su's pov:

This girl is a weirdo... but in a good way.

Your pov:

She simply laughed and ate more of her food, "Well, I like you."

I smiled and scratched the back of my head.

Suddenly there was a bunch of screaming. I turned around to see people running into the cafeteria and falling over each other at the door. What the fuck...

I stood up and grabbed Hee-Su's hand, grabbed my bag, and had us slowly back up. A person covered in blood suddenly ran in. He tackled a girl and started ripping out her neck.

"Oh my god!" Hee-Su yelled. My eyes went wide and I shouted, "Woah! That's gnarly!" I felt Hee-Su's piercing eyes glare at me. I quickly inspected the room and scanned for any escape routes.

Shit that's the only exit! Isn't that like a major fire hazard?!

Suddenly one of those deranged freaks charged at us. I used my bag as a shield and quickly grabbed my switch blade and sliced the throat making them fall to the floor.

I quickly looked around to find any possible escape routs, but it was complete madness. I sighed and started the dash towards the windows, still hold Hee-Su's hand.

I pushed a table against the wall and shouted, "Open the window! Climb out! I'll follow!"

She nodded and got to work. I stood around the table with the blade in my hand. Some freak tried to attack me, but I quickly sliced and kicked them away.

"Ok y/n!" I heard Hee-Su yell. I ran onto the table and tried to crawl through. I was about to go through until I felt something pull my leg.

Shit!

I looked behind me t see one of those freaks pulling on my leg. "Hee-Su follow the others! I'll come find you!" I shouted and fell back into the Cafeteria.

Oww

The bastard crawled on top of me, trying to bite me.
I sliced its neck open and felt its blood splatter all over my face.

Gross...

I turned back around to jump through the window. I threw my duffel bag out first before I fell hard onto the grass outside, hearing a crack in the process.

Fuck!

I slowly got up and started running. Maybe shes at home room...

.

.

.

No one's pov:

Everyone was in the middle of fighting when an obnoxious girl suddenly burst through the door, with a Coach behind her. Everyone jumped and the girl collapsed to the floor exhausted.

"Geez! I've gotta work on my cardio!" She exclaimed. As if she suddenly remembered something she sat up.

"Hee-Su!" She yelled.

The room was silent until, a girl sitting in the corner raised her hand and softly said, "I'm here."

The girl smiled and gaze a sigh of relief. She carefully stood up groaning in pain. "You made it!" she exclaimed. Hee-Su nodded and pulled out your brass knuckles, "Thanks to your present."

Hee-Su made her way over to you and hugged you tight. Once she let go you patted her head and limped towards the coach with a smile and rest her elbow on his shoulder.

"Okay! Everyone look away!" She said. Everyone was however, confused and did not follow her instructions.

They all witnessed Y/n take her switch blade and slice the coach's neck, making blood pour out. Everyone screamed and Su-Hyeok slammed the blood covered girl into the wall.

"What the fuck!" He shouted in her face.

Your pov:

I turned and pointed to the coach, "I saw the bastard get bitten! He's gonna turn!"

Everyone looked at the Coach who was now making weird noises as his bones cracked. "Cmon! Kill him!" I shouted.

The Coach stood up and charged at some girl knocking her over and biting her face. I tried to warn em...