Ch 5 - Some Of Us Will Die

Your pov:

"Why do you suddenly care so much?" I asked slightly annoyed. For some reason his question was pissing me off.

"I guess I wanted to say I understand now." He said scratching his neck. I laughed, "Understand? No one understand. You don't know me, what could you possibly understand?"

He frowned and stood up and immediately fell from the pain in my ankle. He stood up immediately and offered his hand, "Are you alright?"

I sighed and grabbed his hand as he helped me up, "I  sorta fucked up my ankle after jumping out the cafeteria window."

He helped me sit down in the chair he once sat in. He sat on the floor looking at my ankle. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm gonna check to see if it's broken. Is that all right with you?" He asked and looked away. "Uh, sure I guess." I muttered.

He grabbed my foot and slowly bent it, it was a while before I grunted in pain. "It hurts when you stand but you still have some range of motion, which leads me to one conclusion." He said with a hand on his chin.

I waited for an answer, "... so?"

"You have a sprained ankle." He said and stood up dramatically. I giggled at his antics making a small blush creep on his face. I reached for my bag and began digging through all my crap.

"Should I just pop some painkillers then?" I asked and pulled out the pills Hee-su had been using. "Sure, but we should also wrap it up." He responded. I nodded and took off my shoe and knee high socks.

I took the gauze and wrapped it around my ankle the best I could. Once I finished Gyeong-su laughed.

"What's so funny, punk?" I said and crossed my arms with a frown. I pointed at my work of the wrapping basically falling off. "No offense y/n, but this is complete crap." He said and laughed again.

"Well, I'd like to see you do any better." I said and placed my foot on the desk. He smirked and said, "Watch and learn." He took my foot and unwrapped the gauze from it.

"Sorry if my feet stink, I've been running all day." I said a little embarrassed. He chuckled and continued to wrap the gauze. "No no, you're fine." He reassured.

Once he finished he let my foot go and gave a little bow. "So, would you say this is any better?" He asked. I sighed and gave an annoyed smirk, "Okay fine, I underestimated you."

He smiled and held a hand to his ear and got closer to me, "What's that? I don't think I heard you?" I pushed his face away with my hand, "Just take the win dude."

He laughed and sat on the desk. I put my sock and shoe back on and stood up. My ankle still hurt, but it was more tolerable. "Thanks, Gyeong-su." I smiled and he blushed again. "Uh, don't mention it." He scratched the back of his head.

"Alright, I'm going to go check on everyone else. I'll leave you to your solitude." I said with a smile. "Okay." He responded and I started to walk out the room.

I heard the door shut and I looked around at everyone. I noticed Hee-Su laying her head on a desk sleeping. I simply smiled and brushed the hair out of her face.

"Y/n."

I turned around to see Ms. Park staring at me and holding the baby. "Ms. Park." I said immediately causing tension in the room. I took out a cigarette and lit it. Everyone stared at me and her.

"Cmon, Ms. Park, it's the end of the fucking world. Lighten up and quit giving me shit." I said and took a puff. She frowned and said, "Na-yeon told me about what you did while I wasn't here."

"Oh, so you think I'm also I'm also insane." I said crossed my arms. Ms. Park suddenly bowed as if she was apologizing.

I looked at her confused, "What are you doing?"

"Thank you, for protecting them." She said.

"Stop it. Get up."

"I'm sorry I failed you as a teacher."

"I SAID STOP!" I shouted. Ms. Park raised her head towards me. Hee-su woke up and looked at me. "I don't need you or anyone else's pity." I said and clenched my fist.

I felt Hee-su grab my hand, but I shook her off.

"Stop looking at me like I'm some helpless creature who needs help." I said and looked down and felt my eyes burn.

Shit.

I felt Ms. Park grabbed my shoulder gently. "Y/n, had to be strong by yourself for a long time. We're your allies, you don't have to do things by yourself anymore." She said and hugged me.

"Just leave me alone?" I said and slowly pulled away. And looked away from everyone's gaze. "Fine." She said. I grabbed this years yearbook and I walked to where some of the girls sat and grabbed a notepad from the desk.

I flipped to the first page and wrote down two words 'Doomsday'.

"What are you writing." I heard On-jo ask. "I'm going to make a journal for the authorities to find once I'm dead." I said a little too calmly.

I felt her grab my hand and reassure me by saying, "We'll get out of this. I'm sure if it." I looked at her with an eyebrow raised. "Maybe you right. However, it's certain that some of us will die." I said coldly and continued writing.

They went silent. I wrote down why I was going to the science room and how I reacted to finding Hyeon-ju. I tried to draw a picture of her, but it looked like chicken shit.

"What's that supposed to be?" Hyo-ryung asked. I looked at her and gave a sheepish grin. "I tried to draw Hyeon-ju, but I forgot I can't really draw for shit." I gave a small smile.

"Can I try?" She asked. I looked at her blankly and nodded while I erased my drawing. We watched her gracefully glide the pencil over the paper.

...

"Holy shit, Hyo-ryung." I said and slapped her back. "That's really good. I didn't know you draw" On-jo said. "I just doodle a lot on my school work." She said.

"Hey Hyo-ryung! Can you draw the art for my journal? I'll pay you with my complete loyalty, friendship, and protection." I smiled at her in amazement. She blushed and looked away.

"Uh, sure." She responded shyly. I smiled and continued to write in the journal...  I have acquired another friend.