Ch 13 - Romantically?

I sat at library table reading over my writing as I ate my snicker bar. I broke a little piece off for Hippo, who's as uninterested. Suddenly Hippo squeaked and make a weird growling noise. I don't think mice growl like that.

I suddenly saw an arm lean down from behind me and point at the name "Gi-na". The presence behind me suddenly said, "How many times do I have to tell you y/n?"

I slowly turned around and saw Gwi-nam standing close behind me. My eyes widened and my mouth dropped in shock. I saw him get eaten by zombies!

"It's Gwi-nam." He smiled and and placed a hand on my cheek. I brushed his hand off and spelled his name correctly. "I knew that." I huffed harshly under my breath.

Once done I stood up, gathered my things and pointed at his chest, "Now you explain to me, why your alive. I saw your punk ass get eaten buddy." He smiled and sat me back down into my chair.

"If I knew I would tell you y/n." He said. "Either way, you were bitten my zombies and died. You're contaminated whether you're alive or not." I said.

"Y/n, don't you know what this means?" He said. "There's a gas leak somewhere and I'm seeing shit?" I said.

"This means... I'm god." He said with a laugh. I stared at him like he was the dumbass he is. "What's with that look?"

"I think I've finally met somebody crazier than me." I huffed. He took my hand and pulled me to the door. "Wait what are you doing!"

"Cmon. I still have to kill Cheong-San."

"Just because your butt hurt about him kicking you're ass doesn't mean I wanna get involved! Besides I think I twisted my ankle." I said and pulled my hand out of his grasp. He sighed and approached me.

"What are you doing?" I asked cautiously. "Let me see you're ankle." He said.

I sat down and with my legs crossed. He knelt before me and grabbed my ankle gently. Suddenly I felt a wave of pain in my ankle.

I groaned and pulled my leg away from him. I stood up to apply pressure. I sighed, "A little sore, but I'll live. Thanks." I sat back down, "But I'm not killing Cho-su, and I don't want you killing him either."

"Are you serious?" He asked and I nodded. "Y/n, he took my eye." He responded.

"After you tried to kill him."

"He threatened to involve the police."

"Because you killed the principal. Trust me that's a normal fucking reaction!" I said. He however huffed, "I'm still pissed at him." "Do I look like I care?" I shot at him. He glared at me.

"Since when did you get so chummy with others. Last time I checked you couldn't give a rat's ass about anyone other then yourself." I thought about it.

Why was I doing all this? I vowed to protect Hee-su, and risked my life for Gyeong-su, hell, I even helped Cheong-San run away.

"I don't know what you want me to say dude." I said and turned to him. "Fine. Then why do you hate the principle?" He asked. "Cause he's a bastard. Why do you care anyways?" I asked.

"I'm just asking." He said and we sat in silence. "I'll answer you're questions if you answer mine. Why do you hangout with my douche brother anyways?" I asked. "Never mind ." He said angrily.

...

"We're there other people here?" He asked and sat by me.

"What are you talking about?"  I said and pushed him away from me. "It smells like people were here!" He yelled. "Yea, but I told them to get lost." I said.

He smiled and said, "I can also smell that the rat on your shoulder has been dead for a long time now."

Hippo growled at him and I froze. "If he was a zombie mouse, then why isn't he interested in me." I said and stood up with my hands on my hip. "Oh I'm sure he is y/n. He's probably as interested in you as I am." He smiled and walked towards me.

"You smell heavenly y/n." He said and pulled me into him. I tried to push him off, but it was like his strength was inhuman.

"Gwi-nam you kind of zombie bastard, let me go." I said. Hippo jumped off my shoulder onto Gwi-nam, and bit him, making his grip on me loosen. I took the opportunity to push him off.

He grabbed Hippo who started to squeak in pain. "Gwi-nam don't hurt him!" I yelled with my knife in hand. He smiled and tossed him at me. I caught him and held him close to my chest.

"Calm down. As delicious as you smell ... I have no intentions of hurting you or that rodent." He said and approached me, grabbing my switchblade.

"Hey y/n, I'm gonna kill the freaks in the hall. Then you'll come out, so we can find Cheong-San." he said. I sighed, "Don't blame me if you die."

He took a deep breath and walked out the library. I watched through the windows. He walked out the corner and towards the zombies. I patiently watched, but they didn't approach him. Odd.

Gwi-nam stood froozen and unmoving. I have to do everything myself.

I gathered my things and made sure Hippo was in my shirt pocket. I slapped my cheeks and opened the door. I ran over to Gwi-nam and the zombies ran after me. I snatched my switchblade from him while he stood there frozen. I got busy with slicing the zombies

...

"What the shit Gwi-nam. You made me kill them all by my lonesome!" I yelled and shook him. It seems like he came back to reality. "Y/n. I'm a god." He said. I looked at him with an eyebrow raised.

I spun around and started walking off, "Yea, that's when I leave the conversation."

.
.
.

We walked together down the hallway. Gwi-nam had retrieved his knife and now wore a white jacket instead of his bloody shirt. I was walking next to him and killed the zombies that approached me, with Gwi-name's help.

I looked at him. Am I sure he's not some hallucination? I reached up and grabbed his cheek. "The fuck are you doing?" He asked unamused. "Just making sure you're real. And that I'm not slowly dying from a gas leak." I said.

"Your so fucking weird." Gwi-nam grumbled. I simply laughed and said, "Hey man, you're the one following me."

He 'tched' and continued to walk with his grumpy face. I walked behind him with hippo on my head. "Hey y/n..." he said without turning around. I hummed in response.

"Do you like anyone?" I put a hand on my cheek. "I like Hee-su, Hippo, you, Cho-su" I started but he interrupted me. "I meant like romantically, y/n." He sighed like I was an idiot.

Which I was.

"Romantically?" I whispered and felt my face turn warm.

Suddenly the speakers turned on with a peircing sound. Gwi-nam fell to the floor covering his ears. I crouched down to him and patted his shoulder.

"Anyone? I've never done it before. Somebody do it. Dae-su? Here goes nothing... uh, mic test. One, two. One two. Cheong-San, y/n, you there?"

I jumped up and yelled, "Dung-wu!"

"We—What are you doing? Hey." He said and a different voice spoke. "Guys do you hear us? It's Su-hyeok. Cheong-san we'll come to you, so stay put. Got it? I know what you'll say, but we can't hear you here. So don't go anywhere. Wait for us. You really can't go anywhere, okay?"

"Y/n, we know you're at the library, so meet us at the South staircase on the third floor. We know you can do it." Su-hyeok said.

Suddenly a different voice spoke, "Y/n." It was Gyeong-su. "I woke up yesterday. If it weren't for you, I'd be dead right now. We're going to move now, please be there."

I felt my eyes widen. They have Hee-su! Without thinking I ran off towards where they said they would be.