Ch 18 - We're Gonna Be Okay

You're pov:

"We're going to have to build a tall barricade here. And then we lure them in with music. Use the instruments too. If we leave the door open, they'll follow the music in. Once it's clear, we take the door back up to the roof." On-jo says.

"In other words what you're saying is we stack chairs, desks, and whatever else we could find in the middle here. Open the front door and run out through the back door, right?" Cheong-san asked.

I looked down at the baby in my arms, sleeping peacefully. It's risky...

"Not here, further back. We need more room in this side." On-jo says.

"And why is that?" Asked Dae-su. "There aren't that many of us, but there are lots of zombies." She said. He sighs, "She sucks at school, but she's pretty smart."

"Hey!" On-jo said defensively. "It's a compliment" he said back.

"Let's give it a shot. We can figure out the rest later." Cheong-San said to the rest of the group.

"We have a TV too. We should be able to connect it and make it louder. I will have to look for the cord though. Hey can you help me look Ji-min?" Joon-Yeong asked and Ji-min agreed.

I tapped Na-yeon's shoulder with a smirk, "Wanna help find the cord or build the barricade?" Na-yeon looked at me then at the other group of kids, "I'll just help you with what you're doing."

I nodded and ripped the curtain from the window. With it, I made a baby sling and wrapped Haruki to my chest. This is will be better than carrying her the entire time...

I then approached the piano with a zombie under it. I quickly stomped in it's skull and said, "We can use the piano for a strong foundation."

Na-yeon made a face of disgust and nodded reluctantly, "S-sure..."

I smiled, oblivious to her disgust and said, "Lift on one, two, and three!" I lifted up the piano a few feet off the ground, while Na-yeon could barely lift it a few inches.

Being the one carrying almost all the weight I quickly dropped the piano back down and groaned in pain.

Na-yeon looked at me apologetically, "Y/n! I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" I tried to wave her off saying it was fine when suddenly Su-Hyeok walked over.

"Need help?" he asked. "That would be appreciated." I said rubbing my neck. Na-yeon sighed and stacked lighter furniture to the barricade without speaking to the others.

Su-Hyeok stood at the opposite end of the piano and we both lifted it. He whispered, "Why do you suddenly have faith in Na-yeon?"

I froze and my smile falters a bit, "She can be useful..."

We move the piano at the barricade and I start to move other furniture, only for him to stop me.

"We both know she's more of a liability." He said, "So why?"

I glared at him, "Just drop it already...". However, his eyes remained glued to you, "Tell me...". I let out a frustrated sigh and look at the others working together, "Because, being alone sucks Su-Hyeok! It fucking sucks...

...Having the whole world against you is no fun, trust me."

He went silent and looked at me with sad eyes. The same sad eyes everyone looked at me pitifully with. Everyone, but Hee-su... I sighed and walked away.

.
.
.

The barrier was built and everyone, but Su-hyeok stood behind it. Gyeong-su, stood by the window to be our watch.

Show time...

Su-hyeok slammed the door open and ran to us making a few zombies immediately run in. Joon-yeong turned on the music and even more zombies ran into the room.

The barricade started to shake and we all started to hold it in place. More and more zombies piled up and the wall.

Most of the girls grabbed instruments to make more noise and Dae-su was yelling.

Little Haruki was sobbing and I could only caress the back of her head, my back to the makeshift wall. My heart was racing and tears threatened to fall.

No one's Pov:

Normally y/n would be laughing in a moment like this. After all she laughed in the face of danger (literally...)

Yet the sound of Haruki's cries filled her with a feeling she hasn't felt in a long time... fear. Y/n was feared for Hee-Su's baby. The last reminder of Hee-su she had. Maybe if she could protect the child, she could forgive herself for not protecting Hee-su...

As more zombies broke through the door, Gyeong-su kept telling them to wait, making everyone, including y/n, nervous.

The wall started breaking and all the girls returned to their former positions of holding it up. Every second that passed more zombies flooded the room and the wall became harder to hold up. The longer that they couldn't leave, the weaker the wall became.

.
.
.

You're pov:

"Y/n open the fucking door!"

"Open the fucking door this instant!", they yelled. The door creaked by its hinges as it tried jumping out its door frame.

This is hell... I'm going die... They're going to kill me... Don't open the door... don't open the door...

I was holding Myeong-hwan in my arms, and caressing the hair on his head. He was sobbing into my shirt as the door I leaned on was being pounded on by our parents, demanding we open up.

Protect him... protect him... please... god... help us... anybody... please... save us from this hell...

I was holding back tears of my own as I tried to comfort him...

"Shhh.... Myeong-hwan please don't cry... remember what I always say...

We don't need anyone... no one at all... we'll take care of each other... and hold each other's hand...

I'm your sister, Myeong-hwan, I'll always be there for you...

We're gonna be okay..."