Chapter 2: Two 'B's

"Abby, come here please!" Louis called his son from their two seated dinner table. He bit his lip in thought, thinking of what else to write on his lists.

Two days ago, Harry offered to babysit his son -for cooking lessons.

Yesterday after work, Louis called him, and they agreed for Harry to come over today and talk about babysitting his son -for cooking lessons.

Just because Harry was special, just because he was a rarity and very respectable did not mean Louis could trust him. He couldn't just hand off his son to a stranger, especially if Abraham didn't feel comfortable. Louis had to make sure his son was just as safe with Harry as he was with him -if anything, more so.

Louis had to be like this -he couldn't fall for another façade of nice eyes and a smile -which Harry had only one of. Green eyes -no smile, which probably should worry him, but it didn't.

Louis had two separate lists written up so far. The first being about Abby, bedtimes, meals, his personality and such. The second being two simple recipes; rice and chicken and, Abby's favorite, homemade mac and cheese.

Louis was a little nervous for other reasons; he hadn't talked to Abby about this -which was about to happen now. But also, since the divorce, Louis hasn't had one male alpha in his home. Louis couldn't figure out who he was more scared for, Abby or himself. He didn't know whether it was because CJ traumatized him, or because he was scared that he would let it happen all over again.

Since that time, he'd become a strong omega. Louis was still shy sometimes -sometimes he cried at night, sometimes he was restless -making sure that his door was locked every few minutes. Making sure that the bad stayed out -even if the bad had a restraining order against him.

Louis worked relentlessly over the three-month period of hell. With looking for a job that would allow him to bring his son, to keeping his sanity for his son. He tried to always smile around Abby, even if the boy never smiled back. It didn't matter, because Louis was smiling -if Louis was smiling, then they were safe.

Abraham didn't smile.

Louis doesn't really remember a time that he did smile, aside from when he was very young, and CJ was at work. He wasn't an angry boy, easily frightened -yes, emotional -extremely. Abraham was Louis' twin, inside and out.

Right now, was very important.

It was just after breakfast and he wanted to know Abraham's input. Louis was worried about how he would take it, specifically when he found out Louis wouldn't be with him every day. Louis needed this though -they needed this, so badly. If he could find a second job, he could save up enough money, go back to court and talk about refusing child support. Abby and him could move to Alaska, like he'd always wanted, and have nothing to do with this place. Abby could start school, make something of himself -something Louis wished he had done. They could start new and be happy, away from any memories of what was.

Alaska was what was promised to him when he got married, Louis was so grateful that they never left -never had the opportunity to ruin a place so beautiful.

"Hi, precious boy." Louis cooed, opening his arms for the small boy rubbing one eye. Louis lifted him in one swoop, sitting him on his lap, "you need a nap, sweetheart, hm?"