Chapter 7: Baba

“Abby, did you know that Harry is a wolf?”

Abraham set down his now empty cup of cocoa. “Wolf?”

“Yes.” Louis smiled looking up at Harry who was focused on coloring a picture of a garden. He bit his lip, shaking his head, “he’s a very big wolf.”

Abraham’s eyes glossed over, mouth forming a small ‘o’. “Big wolf, mama?”

“Yep.”

Abraham held his crayon tightly, “Harry.”

“Abraham.” Harry grabbed a blue crayon.

“You –a big wolf?”

“I am.” Harry looked up, “Very big.”

Abraham sat up in Louis’ lap. “Like –like a house?”

“Depends on the size of the house.” Harry colored a few flowers blue.

Louis covered his mouth, giggling, “He watches a TV show about a boy who can turn into a wolf and he’s too big for his house.”

“I have had the displeasure of watching that show, yes.” Harry grabbed another crayon. “I am not that big, Abraham. I can fit in my home.”

Abraham almost looked disappointed.

Louis kissed the back of his son’s neck. “Harry,” He bit his lip, licking over it. “Can you tell us about Alaska?”

“Mama and I move to Alka.” Abraham leaned back against Louis, starting to color again.

“It is Alaska, Abraham –not, Alka.” Abraham frowned. “It is fine though.” Harry glanced at Louis, “because your mother likes your childish speech.”

Louis lifted his head proudly, grinning, “I very much do.”

Harry nodded, with a small eye roll. “He thinks it is cute.”

Abraham nodded once, “mama thinks I’m cute.”

“Yes I do, baby. The cutest, most precious boy in the world.” He squeezed his son tight. “Love you.”

“Love you, mama.”

“Alaska,” Harry started, “is beautiful.” Abraham dropped his crayon, sticking his thumb in his mouth. “It is very large, cold, some places have seasons.” He grabbed a purple crayon, “Where I lived was always cold –very cold.”

Louis smiled, “You and I would live in Sitka, baby. Where Harry lived was too cold.”

“Yes, and you would never survive.”

Abraham pouted around his thumb, whimpering. Louis covered his son’s ears, “nicer –possibly?”

Harry lifted a brow, “neither of you would survive, honesty is not always nice.” Harry leaned over, uncovering the child’s ears. “You will learn this.” He picked up his crayon, “there will always be bad things. There is nothing you can do about those things.” Abraham stared seriously at the alpha. “That does not mean you must accept the bad.” Harry shrugged, “but nor can you ignore it.”