Chapter 23: Matthew

"No, that piece does not fit."

"This one?"

"No."

"This one?"

"No."

"This one?"

"No."

Louis stepped into the living room rubbing his eye. "Abby, it is time for bed."

Abraham looked away from Harry, "we are almost finished with the big puzzle, mama."

Louis tapped on his wrist, "you have said that thirty minutes ago."

Harry leaned back on his hands, "go on, Abraham, mama is right. It is time for bed."

Abraham whined, looking down quickly, "mm, mama!"

"Abraham," Harry warned, "go –now."

Abraham stood up, quickly running to his mother. He looked back, pouting, "...just wanna finish my puzzle..."

"I know," Louis grabbed his hand, "it will be there tomorrow."

"But –but what if Isa wakes up and brakes it?"

"Isaac does not touch what is not his." Harry gave him a look, "so he will not."

Abraham hid his face in his mothers' robe, "yes, baba."

Louis smiled, pulling his child away.

Harry had been playing puzzles for two hours –he was tired, bored, but happy.

Harry is –nervous. An emotion he'd rarely felt, during the courting was the last time. He is nervous because he is worried that they've already found him and he has no idea. Wolves are smart, and they are resilient. His people are lovely –and he loves them. They don't give up –on anything.

Harry didn't like that so much.

He stayed in communication for a year after he left –he had that long before he knew he was going back. Harry made sure that everything stayed normal, no suspicion –and then he disappeared. He entered into half-breed territory with ease, living amongst them until now. No one even thought to look there –it would be comical to even try.

When he had found out, that after a year, they were still searching; it made him itchy. Proud and itchy –it was kind of them to think that Harry could not die. It made him proud knowing that if another, in their military family went missing, they would never give up. If Harry had still been in the military and one had just disappeared, he would never stop looking until he found a body –until he found something to ease his mind.

He promised Louis he would not leave, he swore, so he can't.

Harry also had this gnawing in the pit of his stomach –something he didn't want to admit.

If they found him, what would he say?

How could he tell them he left on his own? How could he say that he made them worry and mourn for years –when he is alive? He doesn't know if he can handle tears and screams of betrayal. They will hate him, and they can –but he rather not because of betrayal. He wants no harm to come to his family if they become angry.

And Zayn? He has put Zayn and Liam in an awful position. If he is found out, then so are they. How will he handle it? Liam has an unborn –it is not fair.

"Alpha..." Louis carefully sat beside Harry. "I have been calling your name."

Harry shook his head, "oh, excuse me, omega." He grabbed Louis' hand, "I was thinking too much."