Chapter 7

TW: Rape

"May I have this dance?"

It was Thursday evening, Skye was laying on her bed, listening to music as she got a text on her phone. She opened it and smiled as she saw the text was from Abby.

Do you want to hang out?
-Abby

I'd love to. Want to come over?
-Skye

Yes, I'll see you soon. :)
-Abby

Skye put her headphones on her desk, put her hair in a ponytail and went downstairs, figuring she'd wait downstairs for Abby. It didn't take long for the redhead to arrive. 

Charlie was in the living room with Skye, jumping up straight away as soon as the doorbell rang. The younger girl was excited to meet one of her sister's friends. "Hey! Come in!" Charlie smiled and extended her hand. "I'm Charlie."

Abby chuckled at the excitement and shook her hand. "I'm Abby, it's nice to meet you." She walked to the living room with Charlie.

Skye smiled softly at the redhead. "Hey." She couldn't help, but to feel butterflies in her stomach as the redhead happily returned the smile. 

Charlie looked between the two, grinning. "I'm going to my room, have fun you two." She giggled as she went upstairs.

Abby frowned and looked at the taller girl. "Does your sister think we're dating?"

"Honestly? I'm not sure." Skye spoke and shook her head. "For some reason it seems she's lot more excited about the idea of me dating a girl, than me dating a dude." 

Abby smiled. "Should we go upstairs? I've never been in your room."

"Would be strange if you have, you've never been in my house before." Skye chuckled. 

"It's a nice home." Abby told her. 

"Alright, I'll show you my room." Skye spoke and led the redhead upstairs to her bedroom, turning on the TV once she entered, putting on spotify. 

"It looks nice, cozy." Abby spoke as she sat down on the bed. 

Skye turned to look at her. "I've been meaning to thank you, for earlier, at school. For sticking up for me."

"Well, I meant what I said, I believed you as soon as I heard about what happened, as soon as Max told me." Abby told her and got off the bed, making her way over to the brunette and embracing her in a hug. "You're welcome Skye." 

Skye closed her eyes as she returned the hug, her heartbeat picking up slightly at how close they were to each other. 

Abby pulled away from the hug, her cheeks slightly red and looked down to the floor.

Skye grinned as a slow dance song came on, can't help falling in love by Elvis Presley. 

"What are you grinning at?" Abby asked her, raising an eyebrow in confusion.