Chapter 19

TW: Mental illness, near death, death, murder, depression, anthropophagy, drownin

"I don't want to die."

"Dad? What are you doing?" A young, 10 year old, Skye asked her father as she stood at the top of the stairs in the basement, wiping her eyes. She had woken up to the sound of a bone saw, although she didn't know. 

Johnathan, whom had some red stains over his clothes, hands and neck, moved in front of her, so she couldn't enter the basement. "Nothing sweetie, I'm sorry if I have woken you up."

Skye nodded, yawning. "I had a nightmare, that you and mom died... That Brandon had to take care of us." 

Johnathan softly smiled and kissed the top of her head. "We will never leave you behind."

"I'm scared of him." She confessed to her dad.

"Why honey? Why are you scared of Brandon?" Her dad questioned, frowning.

"When I was in the bath, he came into the room and he pushed me under water." A small tear went down the small brunette's cheek. "He wouldn't let go, he left when mom called out to him." Her dad pulled her in for a hug. "I think he wanted me to drown, like those people on that big ship." 

"I will take care of it, talk to his mom." Johnathan told her, he knew what he had to do.

"Why would he do this dad?" Skye asked him. 

"Brandon is sick sweetheart." 

Skye then looked at her dad in confusion. "What is that red stuff on you?"

"Oh that's paint." 

Skye winced, scrunching up her nose as a nasty smell hit her, she brought her arm to cover her nose. "Gross! What's that?!" 

Johnathan faked a smile. "That's just a dead rat."

She nodded slowly, tilting her head, managing to look past him at take a peek at the table, there was a blanket covering something, but she could see a hand coming from under it, a bloody hand. There was, what seemed to be an arm on the workbench. She looked at her dad, deciding to shut herself up. "I'm going back to sleep, I love you dad." She quickly took of to the bedroom. 

Skye was sat on the floor, the water now up to her knees, she was sobbing uncontrollably as the memory came back to her, she had suppressed a lot of memories from her childhood. 

Abby took a seat next to her and looked at her with concern. "What happened there?"

Skye barely managed to speak through her sobs. "We should have never come here." Skye looked at Abby. "My dad, he did bad things down here."