Chapter 17

TW: Mental illness, suicide, slut shaming

"What's your problem?"

Skye woke up in her bed, looking around herself confused, she remembered drinking with Victor and wasn't sure how she ended in her bed. She shook her head and got out of her bed, making her way downstairs to the kitchen, to be greeted by Victor. "Hey, good morning."

"Good morning kiddo." He shot her a smile and motioned to a plate with pancakes. "Was about to wake you, made you breakfast." 

Skye smiled and gave him a quick hug and grabbing the plate along with a cup of coffee, she went to the dining table, joining Nick and Charlie in silence.

Charlie glanced at Skye, whom took a bite of her pancakes, for a moment, looking like she was about to say something, but deciding against it.

Nick looked between his sisters, sensing the uncomfortable silence at the table. "So, these pancakes are amazing. Don't you two think?"

Charlie looked at Nick and nodded, staying silent, she had a blank look on her face.

Skye nodded and shot him a smile, grateful for his effort. "Yes, they are, Victor did a great job."

"So are you looking forward to your school day Charlie?" Nick asked her.

"Zoey switched classes, so she's now in mine, so that's great." Charlie told him, her face was void of emotion.

Naya walked into the dining room. "Charlie, Skye will be picking you up from school today. I have a late shift and so do Victor and Travis. Nick has basketball practice."

"Can't Chris pick me up?" Charlie asked her mom, annoyed, earning a sigh from Skye.

"He doesn't have a driving license and he won't be home until the evening." Naya told her.

Skye looked at Charlie. "We can get an iced coffee after school together, we haven't done that in a while."

Charlie shook her head. "Whatever you want."

Skye got up, not finishing her food. "I'm gonna get ready for school." She looked at the food. "I'm not hungry." She walked away, around the corner, out of sight and leaned against the wall, sighing.

Naya looked at Charlie. "What's the problem with your sister picking you up? You used to love it when she did."

"You don't know what people are saying about her." Charlie told her mom, Nick looking down.

"What are they saying?" Naya asked her softly.

"She's a nutcase, a slut, a junkie. People in my class have been saying it, news spreads fast in a town like this mom." Charlie shook her head.

"She's not those things, she's just going through things and making some poor decisions." Naya told her daughter and son. 

Skye looked down, hearing their words and went upstairs, to get ready for school, soon enough leaving, driving there by herself in silence.