Chapter 11

TW: Murder, death

"Quieres ser mi novia?"

It was finally weekend again, Skye decided to take Abby out on a date, she looked at herself in the mirror, she had done her best to cover up the bruising on her cheek and neck, with make-up that she got from her mom. She was able to speak regularly again thankfully, it was healing well.

The cops believed her story, that it was self-defense, so she was of the hook. Although people at school, aside from her friends, had been avoiding her. News spread through Wellsbury fast.

Skye dried her hair and grabbed her things, ready to leave. 

"Charlie and I are going to dinner with Ellen and Max tonight. Do you want to come?" Naya spoke up, before Skye could exit the house.

Skye turned to look at her mom and little sister. "I already have plans for dinner."

"With who?" Charlie asked curiously. "I mean you've been gone most of the day already."

"I had to get some things ready, for tonight." Skye spoke with a small smile, looking down.

Nick came up to them with a smile. "Ah yeah! Your date with Abby!"

Skye looked at Nick, wide eyed. "How did you know?"

"Oh I overheard Ginny and Norah talking about you two. That she was meeting up with you tonight, instead of them." Nick's smile widened further. "So it's a date? I was only joking."

"A date? You better be safe." Naya spoke, crossing her arms, looking stern.

"She's a girl, she can't get me pregnant." Skye rolled her eyes.

Naya stared at her in disbelief. "That's not what I was talking about!"

Charlie laughed and shook her head. "I should've known that that's the thing your mind goes to, straight away." Charlie paused for a moment. "Or maybe not so straight." She started laughing as she received a glare from her older sister.

Nick chuckled and shook his head. "You got to admit, it was kinda funny."

"But, for real.... I mean after what I saw in her search history and don't forget about the time I walked in on her and...." Charlie's sentence was cut off, by Skye covering her mouth as Johnathan made his way over to them as well.

"Who did you walk in on?" He questioned, frowning and looking at his daughters.

Charlie remained quiet and looked down at the floor, mentally cursing at herself.

"Me and.... Jake." Skye told her parents slowly. "He was that boyfriend I broke up with."

"Good thing, Jake isn't home right now." Charlie mumbled, shaking her head.

Naya and Johnathan stared at their oldest daughter in disbelief.

"I mean, we didn't have sex." Skye spoke, laughing nervously.