Chapter 12

TW: Death, murder

"I'm not sorry about your son

"I'm not sorry about your son."

Skye and her mom exchanged looks as they heard a scream coming from inside the house. Naya froze in fear as Skye rushed past her mom to the house, stopping dead in her tracks as she saw the scene in front of her.

Nick and her father, they were shot or stabbed, Skye wasn't sure. Nick was bleeding from the shoulder, sitting on the ground in pain, clutching his shoulder. Johnathan laid next to him, the wound in his stomach.

Skye rushed to her father's side, applying pressure to the wound, telling Charlie to do the same thing to Nick, whom was in a better state than their father.

"No, I'm fine." Nick spoke, clearly in pain, managing to get to his feet. "Lets call the ambulance Charlie." He grabbed his little sister's hand, dragging her away from their father, he didn't want Charlie to have to watch him.

Skye looked down at her father, he was in a lot of pain. "Dad? Hey! Hey! Dad! Look at me. Look at me!" She noticed he started to cough up blood, choking on the blood. She shook her head, tears streaming down her face. "Dad? No!" She removed the pressure on the wound, she knew at that moment, he wouldn't make it and she could see in his face, that he knew he was going to die. She ran her hand through her father's hair, hovering over him. "No no no dad..." Her voice started to break. "Look at me! It's going to be fine." She gently stroked his hair as he looked at her for a moment. "Dad! Dad! It's gonna be okay!" Skye spoke through her sobs, trying to comfort him. He stopped choking and took his last breath. "Dad?" She sobbed uncontrollably and leaned into him, resting her head on his chest.

Naya had finally overcome her state of paralysis and entered the house, breaking down at the sight in front of her, rushing to their side, pulling her daughter into a hug, realizing her husband had died.

Skye cried in her mother's arms, shaking violently. "Dad." Her hands and shirt were covered in her father's blood.

Nick and Charlie had entered the room, after they called the ambulance, staring at their father's dead body in shock.

Skye's eyes widened as a realization hit her, the man she saw walking away from the house. "It was Press' dad! I saw him! Walking away from the house!" She stopped crying as her sadness turned into anger.

Nick nodded, holding onto his shoulder. "He came to kill you, not us. We caught him and he shot us. He had like a, silencer, so nobody would hear it."

Charlie stormed out of the house and Naya was about to follow, but Skye stopped her. "I'll go after her, stay with Nick, you are the doctor." Without another word, Skye followed her little sister. "Charlie! Wait!" Charlie wouldn't stop and kept walking, until she stopped at a familiar house. Skye watched on in shock as Charlie managed to pick the lock to the front door, using her sleeve to open the door and entering the house.

Skye looked around herself and followed her sister inside, shaking her head. "Charlie, come on, lets get out of here." Charlie left her sight and Skye stopped in her tracks, gulping as she heard the click of a gun beside her, feeling it being pressed to the side of her head.

"Get down, hands behind your head." A male voice spoke and Skye did as she was told, getting on her knees, putting her hands behind her head. The man smirked as he crouched down, keeping the gun on her. "I'm sorry about your father and brother."

Something in her clicked, a dark look in her eyes, grinning. "I'm not sorry about your son."

"Are you stupid? I have a gun, could shoot you right now." He spoke, shaking his head.

She turned to face him, so the gun was to her forehead. "Do it, coward."

"Oh, I will, but I want answers first." He looked her deep in the eyes. "Why did you kill him?"

"Your son was a pathetic piece of shit." Skye spoke with a sarcastic laugh.

"Do you think this is funny?" He questioned her, a tear started to go down his cheek, catching him of guard. Skye took the chance to push him, overpowering him and managing to get the gun from him and turning it to him.

"Well he was, but it seems the apple doesn't fall far from the tree." She smirked and was about to pull the trigger, but was pulled of him by a woman, presumably Press's mom, whom held a knife to Skye's throat.

Skye closed her eyes, jumping at the sound of a gunshot. She heard the knife fall to the ground, followed by the woman's body. Skye looked up to see Charlie, holding a gun up.

The man looked at Charlie, tears started streaming down his face. "I see you are just like your sister, a fucking psychopath, a murderer, a waste of space."

Skye spared him one last look, pulling the trigger, shooting him right through the head, killing him in cold blood. She looked at Charlie, whom wrote something down, making sure she wouldn't get her finger prints anywhere, she polished the gun quickly, so she wouldn't leave any finger prints on it and put it next to the man's body, putting his hand around the handle. She grabbed the other gun from Skye, polishing it and putting it in the woman's hand.

Skye didn't know what to say. "Charlie...."

Charlie shook her head and looked at her sister. "We should leave."

"How did you get the gun?" Skye questioned her suspicious.

"I stole it from the Miller house, for protection, after what happened to you at that party, when he...." Charlie told her, cutting herself off.

Skye got up and moved over to embrace her sister in a hug. "I'm so sorry, I'm sorry you had to do this."

"He killed dad and shot Nick, they both tried to kill you, they deserved it." Charlie said, getting out through the window, Skye following her. "I wrote a suicide note for them, copied their writing style."

"That's smart..." Skye told her as they walked home in an uncomfortable silence for the most part. "I'm officially a serial killer now."

"You need to kill 3 people for that." Charlie simply stated.

"I know that." Skye replied to her.

"Well I killed his mom, not you, so you killed 2." Charlie told her, frowning and stopping in her tracks, turning to look at her sister. "Unless.... There's someone else." She noticed her sister avoiding her gaze. "The man on the news... That was you... It did come to my mind, the girl in the security footage looked like you, but I wasn't sure, the face was not shown."

Skye looked down, confirming the girl's thoughts. "It was an accident, he didn't leave me alone, so I shoved him and..."

"Do you think he was right? That we're psychopaths?" Charlie asked her sister.

"I think we just.... Got unlucky. Psychopaths don't experience empathy, that's not us." Skye reassured her sister.

"I can't believe dad is gone." Charlie spoke, a tear going down her cheek.

Skye looked at her little sister, wiping away the tear and pulling her into a hug. "I know. Lets go home. I need to get this blood off of me."

Charlie looked at her with a sad expression, knowing it was their father's blood.

The sisters went home, got cleaned up and changed, going to the hospital to see Nick.

So get ready for the fam to get very unhinged.