Chapter 15

Chapter 15

*Luna’s P.O.V*

I finished hooking up the bodice. Turning to the side I looked at myself in the mirror and could barely see the lump my oversized chest formed. I slid my baggy shirt back on and nodded proudly to myself. Everything that could be done to make me look like a guy had been done. Skater shoes, baggy brown pants, and a shirt with avenge sevenfold on it. My hair was short and spiked in the back with enough fringe in front to hang over my eyes if needed. Not the normal curtain of hair I preferred but it would have to do.

The spike in my lip looked menacing if you didn’t know me. I guess I really needed to pay attention to my attitude today, if I was going to pull this off.

‘No! Not if, I’m going to do this! If that means I have to be a guy to do it, then so be it!’

No ifs. Not anymore. I was someone new now. Someone who could no longer be hurt by that man. Taking one last look at the face in the mirror, I through my sweater on and pulled up the hood then zipped it up.

I walked out of the women’s bathroom receiving strange glances from the lady at the checkout of the store.  I had just bought the bodice and a couple more sweat-shirts so I could blend in.

I ignored her and walked out of the store to my car. School started in 15 minutes and it was a 10 minute drive to get there. After unlocking my car I threw the shopping bag in the back seat. I buckled up while starting the car and pulled out to head to school. 

Bon Jovi started playing on the radio. My eyes prickled but I brought my hand up to my mouth and bite down on the fleshy part of my thumb until my eyes felt normal again. I reached over to turn the radio off but even when the music was gone I couldn’t stop myself from the memory that was trying to resurface.

My 12 year old nose was stuck in a book like normal.  Bon Jovi started playing on the radio and I heard my dad in the kitchen start to sing. A smile pulled onto my lips and I finished the sentence I was reading before I stuck a book mark in it and shut it. Looking up I saw my dad do a summersault into the room. Continuing to roll he popped right back up onto his feet.

“It’s my life! It’s now or never!”  He shouted doing something weird with his feet but it looked cool.

I popped up off the couch and started to sing to.

“I ain’t gonna live for-ev-er! I just wanna live while I’m alive,”

“It’s my life.” We finished and I busted out laughing before falling onto the floor unable to control the laughter. Soon I was joined by my dad but he just sat down, his shoulders shaking from the laughter. After several minutes of uncontained laughter we finally got our breathing under control. But now that I could breath I took a big breath in through my noise and wrinkled it from the smell.

“Uh, dad. Something smells like its burning.”

His face fell then he jumped to his feet and dashed for the kitchen.

“Nooo! Not the bacon!”

I bust out laughing again, as he tried to rescue the over cooked meat.

I park the car a parking spot at the school and turned it off. Once again fighting tears I bite the meaty part of my hand again. When I was under control once more I pulled my hand away and looked at it. There was a crescent moon filled with blood across the base of my thumb and a matching one across the bottom of my palm when I flipped it over.

I hadn’t realized I bit it hard enough to draw blood. Sighing I brought it back up to my mouth and licked the blood off. The cooper flavor filled my mouth and I let myself enjoy the sick pleasure of the taste of my own blood.