{9} Cruz sisters

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

My eyes open as a ray of sunlight disturbs my dark sleep. It only takes me a few seconds to realize that I'm in Grayson's bedroom. I jolt up from my laid-out position and look around.

I was in Grayson's bed, under the covers, still in my dress. When did I even fall asleep?

A couch in the corner of the room is where I find Grayson. He was sleeping. He was in a silent sleep, his chest moving slowly up and down with each breath.

It seems that I got up to fast because I get a sharp pain in my head. "Ow..." My hand comes up to my forehead and I gently rub it.

I pull the covers off my body and I get off the bed, my feet hitting the cold floor. I grab the bag I had put my work clothes in and I walk out of Grayson's room. As I quietly shut the door, I hear voices downstairs.

In no way did I want to interact with anyone in the house, so I quickly but quietly walk down the stairs. When I reach the bottom of the stairs I turn to spot a little boy running around with a golden retriever.

"Catch boy!" He tosses the ball in my direction without realizing I'm even there. The dog runs for the ball and grabs it. When He turns to run back to the little boy, he spots me, drops the ball, and runs over to me.

Shit.

"Dash no!" The dog leaps onto my dress and starts sniffing me. "Oh- uh-" I try pushing the dog off of me and the little boy runs to me. He grabs the dog by the waist and pulls him off. "Sit Dash." The dog sits and wags its tail uncontrollably.

Don't get me wrong the dog was cute but I wasn't trying to get him to jump all over me. Especially in a dress.

"I'm so sorry about that miss." The little boy giggles while apologizing, making me give him a warm smile. "You're alright." The boy then looks at me in confusion, then it turns into realization. "You're the girl who was crying after talking with my brother!" My brain clicks the two pieces together.

This wasn't just any little boy, this was Brody. Grayson's youngest sibling. The last time I saw Brody he was barely a toddler at two years old. He never got to make any memories with me since he was only just a baby.

"Oh, I- how do you know about that?" I ask nervously. This kid sure likes to talk louder than needed. I'm just trying to leave.

"I was in the car waiting for Grayson when I saw you run out of the building cry." He states petting the dog's head. "Miss," Brody looks back up at me and I tilt my head. "Were you crying because of something my brother said?" I stand looking at him without saying anything.